“TERRIBLE BEHAVIOR”
Review of Mama's House

Mama's House
Ranked #53 of 184 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: American, Greek, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

Very Rude and unwelcoming behavior by an Old lady , REALLY felt Racial discrimination.
The lady told us to go some other restaurants, as if we do not deserve or can afford to have food @ her restaurant.

4  Thank AHAMMEDKAMAL
tomdream, Owner at Mama's House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Sorry about that but you should know the restaurants is toserve food not to come and spent time with out eating properly .next time try to eat in fast food restarant .you have to know the differance betwen fast food and restaurants .the lady she was right about that you can walk in the restauranr just to eat one tzatziki sauce use the toillets and wifi.sorry

Write a reviewReviews (2,358)

Reviewed August 16, 2016

We visited this restaurant after reading the positive reviews on trip advisor. The food was nice enough, we ordered the bread, cheese pies and chicken souvlaki. The service was very good.

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I was recommended Mamas house and was told "even if you're only in Santorini for one day. Go there". Luckily I'm staying 4 nights. I came here on the first night and again on the last night.
The moment I arrived to Mamas house I was greeted by a fantastic waiter and he recommend all the traditional Greek food to order. After taking his advice and choosing some of our own, we ordered fava, tomato balls, eggplant rolls, muscles and the lamb with baked vegetables. It was all delicious!
I've been travelling around Greece now for a couple of weeks and I haven't eaten food as good as this.
I highly recommend eating at mamas house! - The restaurant is right in the middle of town (Fira) and easy to find. The customer service is fantastic. The food is delicious. And for all those travellers like myself theres free wifi (and it's fast wifi that actually works well. I was even able to sit and book stuff for my trip).

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

I had seen this restaurant on trip adviser and noted it as one I wanted to visit. On our first day we thought we would call in for a drink and check out the menu to ensure it was suitable for the kids with a view to eating another day but were told very abruptly on the door by an older bearded man, no not drinks only, you must order food. So we never went back as it didn't feel welcoming.

1  Thank X8694WNwendym
tomdream, Owner at Mama's House, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2016

Sorry about that but we dont do just drinks in our restaurant there is plenty of bars or coffee shops to go .we hope to understand

Reviewed August 14, 2016

We were disappointed by the unwelcoming service and the average food. This was a very busy night and this may have been a reason for this but a smile from the staff and better presentation of the food would have gone a long way to improving our enjoyment.

1  Thank R6293EEkevins