“Reasonable for Santorini”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parea Tavern

Parea Tavern
Ranked #13 of 180 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Reasonable for Santorini”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Other reviewers have given the restaurant mixed reviews regarding taste, quality and freshness of the food. I found it no worse than other places I ate, and better than some. I ate here twice in the week, so It can't be that bad. Don't forget that almost everything in Santorini is imported, they grow grapes and small tomatoes, and that's about it. All drinking water and the vast majority of the food has to be imported, from what I can gather, mainly from Crete. Which could go someway to explain the higher prices on the island, though not some of the prices charged in the restaurants overlooking the caldera.

All in all, I found it quite reasonably priced, I was unhurried by the staff, even when there was a queue waiting to be seated, and the staff friendly ( I was decidedly ill on my first visit, and upon my return I was recognised and my health enquired after). A pleasant dining experience.

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Go for the mixed seafood. Hands down top of the top. Atmosphere awesome, service magnificent and the nicest people work there.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank AliAbdallah90
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We tried to eat at this restaurant on previous evening but couldn't get in as it was so busy so we decided to return on another evening.

The evening we returned it was a third full all evening so very odd, or maybe we are all sheep. I had veal in lemon which tasted like lamb and no flavour of lemon, I mentioned this but he looked quizzical. The waiter serving us, whilst very friendly, didn't quite know what was best from the menu, neither did we.

Midlands, UK
“Great value, service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Second night we stayed in Fira we choose to eat here, mainly because of the welcoming smile and waves from the balcony.

Had a great meal, and can recommend due to at least the prices being reasonable as well as the food being decent quality, very satisfying in terms of portions and presentation.

Was bustling and busy, would whole heartily recommend and would visit again.

2 Thank TinaandJohn
Athens, Greece
“dinner with friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

a very pleasant restaurant with extremely polite and helpful waiters, a wide selection of dishes and very tasy items, would definitely go there again

Visited August 2013