“dinner with friends”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

a very pleasant restaurant with extremely polite and helpful waiters, a wide selection of dishes and very tasy items, would definitely go there again

1  Thank ChristineOHagan

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant one night in Fira. Greeted by friendly staff to a lively atmosphere in the restaurant. Menu was reasonably priced. Waiters were friendly and quick. I have the chicken a la creme which was beautiful really really lovely. Clean toilets. Restaurant had a lovely vibe in the middle of the town. Great 'Greek' feel to it.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Everything was good! Good prices, good wine, good food, good service considering how busy they were when we were there.
Can't really say too much really, nothing absolutely stood out, but nothing was a let down either. Like I said in the title, a perfectly fine restaurant.
If you're on a budget I think this could be a good place for you.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My partner and I chose to eat here based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. Parea Tavern is located in the centre of Fira, with a very nice view of the east side of the island. We were promptly seated outside where a cool breeze was blowing. The staff was fast and very attentive and chatty. I ordered the chicken a la creme which was very tasty and filling, however, the fried calamari's my partner ordered definitely seemed as if they had been cooked earlier in the day and were simply re-heated (though my partner did remark that they tasted like fresh (and not frozen) calamari's). We were given two glasses of Vinsanto, the sweet Santorinian wine as a free aperitif, which was a very nice gesture. The prices were very reasonable, especially in comparison to most other restaurants in Fira.

1  Thank Sokalia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Easy to find near the shops in Fira. Really friendly and attentive staff ..nothing a problem. Ate here twice once in the evening and once at lunch. Food was great and the open wine was nice. My son said he had ate the best spaghetti bolognese ever!
Reasonably priced would visit again.