“Beautiful view at this upscale Fira restaurant”

Archipelagos Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 188 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Our friends had a pre-wedding group dinner at this place. The views from many of the tables are stunning and the food is of pretty good quality.

There are newer reviews for Archipelagos Restaurant

Reviewed May 19, 2010

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and a it was our first night we made a booking. We were there in plenty of time for the sunset. Can I just say that the metal chairs are pretty uncomfortable, so make sure to knick a few cushions from other seats before sitting down.
Entrees we had Saganaki artichokes, Brazilian bread with tomatoes and a pesto, they were both delicous. Our main dishes were Pork with honey & sage sauce and a Pasta with chicken, again they were really pleasing meals.
The meal wasnt cheap but you get the most wonderful position & fingers crossed the sunset will also be sensational.

1  Thank Gillian C
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Ate here around May 13th 2010 after walking around Fira (I should have listened to my hotel clerk and gone somewhere he suggested!). Based on past reviews, I was surprised at how bad the food was, we're still in greece and so far it's been the worst food we've had.....the chicken souvlaki was very very dry and the gyro plate wasn't much better. It does have one thing going for it though, and that's the outdoor seating and very very expansive/open view of the entire caldera. Maybe another dish would have been better, or maybe the cook pays attention during the busy season, but I wouldn't go here again unless it was for drinks and a view.....!

Reviewed December 8, 2009

I went to Santorini this summer and this was by far the best restaruant my family and I went to. The clasic 'archway to nowhere' is in its own beautiful entry way was just the begining of beautiful sights. There was a GREAT atmosphere and the view from the outdoor seating was spectacular. The calamari is one of the few places in Greece where it is still broiled instead of fried and is perfectly tender and delicious. The rabbit dish was a great delicacy, and rich in flavor. The mussels, in light butter and wine sauce, were the freshest and most delicious I have experienced. Finally, my dish, I had the "greek-style spaghetti" it was to die for. I would go back to Greece just for that. Traditional things can also be ordered at this restaurant, but for a light change of pace, beautiful scenery, and wonderful food Archipelago is the way to go.

1  Thank sopiki
Reviewed October 12, 2009

One of the restaurants recommended by our tour company, True Greece, we had a cliffside table with a breathtaking view for a very romantic dinner. Along with beautiful decor, the service was very attentive, discrete, and indicative of an upscale restaurant. The food was not your typical local fare with beef souvlaki and stuffed lamb wrapped with vine leaves our main courses. Scrumptious appetizers and desserts also. One of the finer dining experiences of our trip, we thoroughly enjoyed Archipelago's restaurant and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a meal that is a little more special in Santorini.

1  Thank ottawa0191