“Just ok”

Ranked #74 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Lovely setting, food was average to good but service lacked any charm. Waiters stayed at arms length all night and seemed disinterested. Good wine list and recommendation made though. On the expensive side given these things, view of the bay did make up for some shortcomings.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Was recommended by Motel manager who also recommended 1800 in Oia. (alittle more high end) Probably enjoyed this more, delightful fish, saganaki shrimp and amazing veal.
The service was absolutely faultless & friendly.
Definitely book ahead for a decent table.
Alittle high end although without any snooty pretensions.
Some reviewers obviously disagree although I can't speak highly enough of my experience.

1  Thank ArmyLeesa
Reviewed June 30, 2011

Snooty staff and service! Food wasn't bad but it wasn't anything to rave about nor memorable. I think I had the fish souvlaki (special of day), but it was kind of dry, bland, and skimpy. You're definitely paying for the view! It definitely has a romantic atmosphere, which was awesome to see the sunset. When making reservations, or better yet....if you can...go there early in person and point out which table you want.....the table closest to the wall.

1  Thank travelingarch
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The manager of our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were glad he did. The restaurant is located at the top of the caldera and provides beautiful views of the island and the water below. We arrived about a half hour before sunset. We sat outside and watched the sun go down into the water. It was a little cool outside and either there were no heaters or they were not effective, so bring your jacket in May if you plan to sit outside. The food was great. We split a salad and each had a pasta dish. The food was excellent, but a little pricy, as were all the restaurants with views. The portions, however, were generous. The service could have been a litle better, but it was adequate and the people were very friendly.

1  Thank sandiegoeater749
Reviewed October 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Absolute Bliss in Imerovigli for our honeymoon in late September, 2010 (great hotel!). Our dinner at Archipelago in Fira was one of the best we had. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what we had for dinner, but I think my meal was a signature chicken dish. The price was a bit high, even by Santorini standards, but the food was fresh and delicious, the service was very good, and the atmosphere and view were fantastic.

Another meal we really enjoyed was at Mama Thira's in Firastefani. It was a little more in the traditional Greek style, but very fresh with good service.