“"Panorama" says it all”

Panorama Studios & Suites
Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had a wonderful 4 days at this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were able to keep our room until 4.00 pm on the day we left which meant we could have an extra swim and shower. The hotel is in the middle of Fira, with shops, restaurants etc all to hand. But the best thing of all was the view of the Caldera from every room. We could have spent all day just looking out at the ships, cruise liners, light, sun, sea and the islands. The swimming pool was a reasonable size with the same great view.

The only negative was that you had to walk down 115 steps from the bottom of the lift (it goes down 4 floors from reception) to our room and back up to get to the town.

Room Tip: Avoid a room where other guests walk past. Balcony would be better than terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank easychair35

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I am lucky enough to have stayed in this hotel twice,if you are looking for a hotel with spotlessly clean room,comfy beds,friendly and helpful staff and most importantly,the best views of the Caldera,then this is the hotel you must book into,the poolside bar does snacks,fab cocktails and the staff will accomadate any way they can,Loucas,Eva Hayley were all so polite and helpful and made my holiday perfect,I will be back next year!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ElaineBray
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at Panorama Studios as part of our honeymoon in August - and what an incredible place this is!
The images on both their website or TripAdvisor do neither the view nor the rooms justice!
We had a big room with superb views with a big balcony where we sat every evening watching the sunset over the Caldera.
The breakfast was scrumptuos and plentiful - served by the pool side - with once again the incredible view.
The only thing that I would recommend is that they upgrade the bathrooms - the shower is made for really little people and we actually had to shower with the curtain open.
Truly a magical place and by far the best of our holiday! I would definitley stay at Panorama Studios on our next visit!!!

1  Thank Candicepa
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have just left Santorini after an incredible 11 night stay at Panorama Studios. Couldn't have asked for more from this hotel - amazing location with stunning views from your balcony and room looking out on the Caldera and volcano. This hotel was very quiet at night even though it is in such a central location, had great sleep in a very comfortable bed. The staff are very friendly and helpful, upon us asking for things to do they promptly wrote a list of their recommendations for activities and restaurants. Everything we did was fantastic. Breakfast served poolside was a great way to start the day and the menu offered many choices. There are quite a few stairs leading down to the studios however this is to be expected at the hotels on the caldera, but Panorama has an elevator operating part of the way down. 10 out of 10 from us, would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Santorini!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lorene S
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed for 1 week in August in honeymoon suite, which is ideally located - right at the elevator, so no need to take all those steps as mentioned in other reviews. However if you wish to go to pool,you need to take those steps...I tried twice to walk down, but it was later in a day and there were no free sunbeds, so I rather stayed on balcony, unfortunetly there were no sunbeds only chairs available. On the other side,the view and the location of the hotel is perfect, our suite had great design and breakfast was nice, besides buffet we could choose from a la carte as well, Also all staff we dealt with was very friendly and helpful - big thanks for making our stay memorable!

1  Thank Mariska884
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I visit Fira in Santorini one week ago and it was amazing! The isle is a holiday dream! My parents were there 2 years ago and they stayed in the Panorama Studios.They liked the view over the sea and the Caldera so much, that they visit the same hotel with me and my boyfriend one more time:-) The location, the service, the view,... you feel as snug as a bug in a rug! Just the staircases needs getting used to, but it's a good thing to revel all the great greek dishes:-) My stay there was so relaxing, that I still have holiday-feeling in my daily routine.

2  Thank Johanna L
LoucasV, Manager at Panorama Studios & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our property, services and staff. I am delighted your stay was so memorable. We take great pleasure in greeting returning guests and we hope we will have the opportunity to meet your family again on your next visit to Santorini.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel is a complete rip off. The price they get for the rooms at the Studio apartments is crazy. I came to this hotel to scout locations for wedding couples looking to honeymoon. They first put me at the very bottom unit which is a good 150 steps to the reception plus another 50 to an elevator which you then take to the main street. It had a view from in the room straight out but you could not view either side of you as it was blocked. I was exhausted at the thought of even going out for lunch. They moved me the second day to one 1/2 way up the mountain which was a better view but the room was so bad. I cannot say enough bad about this especially coming from the hotel industry. Cleaning supplies were left in my room as the maids did not want to walk the steps everyday either so they left their things in my room, they had half empty bottles of lotion/shampoo from the last guest, the safe was locked and could not get it open, their were ants, the shower leaked all over the floor, the bed was a rock as well as the pillows, their was no Do not disturb sign. Just disgusting. I would have left if I had known I could get my money back. My friend stayed in the new part called the Studios which was new and much better but very tiny. Our other friends booked last minute at a place called Villa Renos which was amazing - they had a huge balcony, amazing room, stunning view, a private hot tub, and a gourmet breakfast everyday for $50 Euros less a night then what we paid. I feel fully taken advantage of and cannot in good faith ever recommend this hotel. I feel bad for some of the hard working staff however as they really try to accomodate you but the rooms need a complete overhall and the cleaning staff needs to be retrained.

Room Tip: If you want a good room you have to stay in the new part but my advice if you want a good room is to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank gypsyislandgirl
LoucasV, Manager at Panorama Studios & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. Firstly I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like to point out a few things regarding your review. It must be known that you booked the cheapest room type at our property, on your arrival we gave you a free upgrade it is true that the room allocated is on the lowest level of our property I note that your complaint about this room was the amount of steps and the view however the room in question has large bay windows and a enclosed balcony for privacy with direct views to volcano caldera and sunset. However we did accept your complaint and moved your room as soon as was possible to a room on a higher floor and with open balcony with 180 degree views.

I do sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered in the second room. It is true that your toiletries had not been changed which is not our policy we provide new toiletries for every arrival as you found in your initial room and I am sure your friend who also stayed with us found on her arrival. Some cleaning supplies were stored in a storage area in your room out of sight however we do not accept any cleaning materials to be left in guest rooms and I did inform you that I would speak to the maid responsible regarding this issue. You were provided a do not disturb sign upon request these are generally provided in every room. In regard to shower leaking we had never been informed of this problem before as I relayed to you. When you advised me of these issues I offered to rectify all problems e.g fix shower, change all toiletries remove any cleaning materials however you did not afford me this opportunity as you would not allow any staff member to enter your room and placed do not disturb sign on your door for your entire stay.

Due to the problems you faced, which I take full responsibility for, I also offered an additional free upgrade to same room type as your friend but this offer was declined by yourself.
We strive to please every guest who chooses to stay with us. We do accept you encountered some problems due to the maids service it is very rare that we have issues such as these and we are very sorry about this

Your sincerely