“Best Gyros i've had”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Raglan, New Zealand
“Best Gyros i've had”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant is great and based right in the heart of fira next to all the local and tourist shops, my partner and i loved gyros and were trying it everywhere we went in Greece and Obelix had the best in my opinion,the souvlaki was also delish! we went there maybe 3 times on our stay in Santorini they also have the best beer called Volkan blonde i believe its the santorini beer, best ive tasted and such good prices

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
“Amazing quick stop”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is situated right in the heart of Fira town. You can't go wrong with any of the food options on the menu. This place is a small walk up restaurant with bar stools and one counter for eating at the location. They also do local delivery!!! We had gyros and Greek salad and chicken skewers! Wow, delicious! Definitely will not hurt your wallet. Great personable staff that keep a smile on your face and play around to keep the mood light! All in all, great food at a even greater price, lunch or dinner a great value and meal!

London, United Kingdom
“Good kebab, but nothing special”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I love kebabs. Don't get me wrong, this place does do a good kebab but when there are so many choices in such a small area, you become to realise that there are perhaps better places to go in terms of both portion sizes and quality.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank chlfh
Marton, New Zealand
“Average gyros”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Quite a welcoming area with seats which is nice for a takeaway place such as this. Service is a bit so-so here; never know if they're grumpy or just trying to be funny. If you sit down they make you pay after which I've never done before. Gyros isn't the best I've had in Fira. A tad oily however the tzatziki is amazing.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank abergz07
London
“How great was this place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Obelix is like an open bar where you can order the food and eat it there after being prepared in front of you or eat it on the go. I arrived mid day when the place was empty but within 10min became packed with all kind of nationalities. I was kicking myself for not being able to enjoy anything on my own but the owners were really great: I guess more decent people try a place if they see that 'non scary' people gave it a go and eat with such appetite like mine.

I asked them if I can take a picture of the place and I realised I have not paid the small amount I should have paid for the meal until the next day. They were simply looking at me smiling: after all, the place was packed!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited September 2013