“Excellent gyros”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Obelix Psitopoleio

Obelix Psitopoleio
Ranked #20 of 180 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
New Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent gyros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had the gyros there twice in a row ... Awesome gyros and even the staff were really friendly n warm.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Santa Monica, California
“Def "best souvlaki in town" Yummy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Love the reviewer who said "is it wrong I lunch and dinner here in one day?" I might have done the same. We (my hubby, my best gal pal and my 10 year old son) were cranky, hungry and tired so we defaulted to what was in front of us and we didn't expect what turned out to be the most delicious chicken souvlaki I've ever had served with an energetic smile in the middle of Fira which as you may know a cluster bomb of tourists and touristic overpriced food places. Santorini is a wonderful place and you can find great restos but I didn't have much hope for Obelix and WOW! Loved it! For sure I will be visiting it next year when we head back to Greece. BTW...there are only a few stools (it is a souvlaki STAND). So if there is nowhere to sit order it to go and sit on a bench.

• Visited June 2013
Albuquerque
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went on an expedition to find this place after reading the good reviews. The reviews were right and we weren't disappointed. It's on a little corner in Fira, there are no "tables" however there is counter seating where you order and stools to sit on. The menu is made up of pictures so we knew exactly what we were getting. The meat was amazing, the fries were great and the prices were even better. The staff were very kind to us as well. We really enjoyed this meal and wanted to come back a second time if it hadn't been our last day in Santorini. Definitely worth it for a quick lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2013
SOUTH AUSTRALIA
“Is it wrong that I had lunch and dinner there one day?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I think the title says it all. I have never eaten 'meat off a stick' before but I sure did here. The Gyro was just the best thing ever, with hot chips, chicken, salad and sauce all jammed into one of the best and freshest pitas I have ever eaten. I don't know his name, but the owner was so cool... "Gday Mate" when he realised we were Aussie. Had 2 in one day (!) and another 2 on following days for lunch while we were out and about sightseeing and shopping. Bargain meal and so filling.

• Visited June 2013
Attard, Malta
“Great Fast Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Even though its fast food it still tastes fresh and is very very tasty! Its a great option for a snack or a cheap meal in the evening if you don't feel like spending alot of money at a restaurant. We ordered 3 meals between 2, got stuffed and only spent like 15eur for the lot!

• Visited July 2013