“Fabulous Hotel Choice in Fira!”
Review of Adamant Suites

Adamant Suites
Ranked #3 of 52 Fira B&B and Inns
McLean, Virginia
“Fabulous Hotel Choice in Fira!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We had a fabulous stay at Adamont Suites! The view from the Opal Suite was unforgettable - the terrace is large and mostly private. Breakfast on the terrace each day was one of the best parts of our stay. The food was really great - the staff remembered every item we ordered. The hotel staff is small but friendly and competent. The room had very nice amenities and was extremely comfortable - although the air conditioning could be colder! And the bathroom window should have a shade (only to block the sun in the morning). My only complaints. The location is at the end of town, away from the hub bub but certainly within a short and lovely walk to the center of town. Fewer stairs than most of the hotels in Fira. The pool was larger than most as well and with a great view - although officially, it is the neighboring hotel's - but not an issue. Not much of a menu at the pool bar - but mostly you will eat in town or skip lunch since breakfast is substantial. Some reviewers mentioned the quarry next to the hotel and I am glad I was aware of it but really it did not bother us. To the left of your view you can see the deserted quarry but also the beautiful cliffs of the island and ahead one of the most amazing views in the world. If you want a view of the town around you - you should choose a hotel in the center of town or in the next town over. However I would prefer Fira again - really is where all of the restaurants and shopping are located and a good home base. Definitely take the walk between Fira and Imerovigli the next town - it is amazing. We would stay here again! Thank you

Room Tip: Opal Suite-We could see down to the terraces below us so ours was more private, but we did not have...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Köln
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We travelled to Santorini early July to celebrate our wedding anniversary and have chosen the Adamant Suites hotel.
First of all: There is only one Santorini and with the beauty of the Caldera and the island it is really difficult to be disappointed in any way. Therefore we spent some wonderful days on a wonderful island with great and friendly people, terrific food and a nice hotel!
The Adamant Suites is nicely located at the edge of the Caldera and has only 6 suites, which is why there is enough privacy up to the breakfast which gets served on your private terrace. We had booked the Sapphire suite which is the largest one with a nice little terrace and a whirlpool on the terrace. In hindsight some of the smaller suites with their terrace directly overseeing the Caldera and with some more privacy would have been the better choice. But the entire stay including our package of a wonderful candlelight dinner, a car for two days and a sunset cruise was absolutely great and we enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We've just returned from spending 5 nights at the wonderful Adamant Suites staying in the Aqua Marine Suite. Santorini is the most beautiful place to visit & this stay really was the perfect ending to our 6 week holiday in Europe. There are so many accommodation options in Santorini & I had spent weeks researching where to stay & I couldn't be happier with our choice. My criteria was; a sea view, a spa, privacy and peace & quiet.

From the moment we walked into the suite it confirmed that I had made the perfect choice. The room was beautiful, it was spotlessly clean, with modern neutral tones & the view was incredible. This suite has a spa inside and for the month of May, it was a great choice. Although the weather was sunny & mid 20's the breeze was fresh & I don't think I would have enjoyed the spa as much had it been outside. Also being inside you have total & complete privacy, whereas the other suites have spas outside which can be seen by other residents as they walk to their rooms. Everyday we would return from touring the island, pop into our spa with a dessert wine we had purchased & gaze at the amazing view - truely a heavenly experience.

Polina & all the other staff were so lovely, they were all so friendly and helpful & always had a smile. Thanks to the strong guy who had the horrible job of carrying our suitcases down & up the steps to our room, we nicknamed him Mr. Muscles! Yes there are lots of steps, 90 steps in total from the road to our suite but hey you're in Santorini & most of the hotels are on the cliff, so steps are inevitable. I'm 51, a large lady with a knee replacement, so if I can manage anyone can. Yes there is a quarry to the far left of the hotel we never saw anyone working there during our stay, so it caused no noise. I read a comment about the view of the quarry, why would you look at that when in front of you is the best view in the world!!

I have to mention the breakfasts, which were wonderful. They are delivered to your room & depending on the weather they set it up either on your balcony or inside. There is such an amazing selection to choose from & it includes champagne or dessert wine. Honestly, go ahead & order it, it's really a great way to start the day! Our favourite choice was the omelet - hot and tasty, as well as the fresh fruit with yogurt and honey - yumm!!

The location was great, just a short walk along the road & you were into the centre of town. We can recommend Ellis restaurant which is very close to Adamant. We had two meals there & the food, staff and views were fantastic. Getting around the island is easy with the bus station only a short walk away. Visit the wine museum - wonderful dessert wines!!

So all in all a fabulous stay at the Aqua Marine Suite. Thank you Adamant Suites for making our stay in Santorini so perfect. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Choose the Aqua Marine Suite.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My friend and I stayed in the Aqua Marine suite (April 2-8) and were the second people to stay in the hotel this spring. We arrived and were happy to have the porter carry our (not small) suitcases to our room. It was pretty overwhelming to say the least when we walked in. Everything was exactly as expected (I had ordered a dozen red roses for our arrival) and more. The hotel I selected was a surprise for my friend and she loved it!
The room itself is good size with plenty of closet space. The bathroom is almost the same size as the room itself. It was fantastic. The shower is huge, two sinks and of course the hot tub. Having the hot tub inside provided us with more privacy than any of the other suites from what I could see. I was happy with my decision.
The staff, in a word, unbelievable. I had the girl at reception write their names down and then lost the paper. Just an example of their service; my friend got food poisoning and was very ill. After I could not find an open pharmacy on a Sunday the young man working the front desk jumped in his car, went to a pharmacy, got the medication and then would not let me pay for it. They followed this up by ordering us food from two different restaurants to be delivered. WAY above and beyond the call of duty!
The sunset view from our balcony was killer. We didn't feel the need to trek to Oi when we could simply relax at home.
The breakfasts are unreal. Order as much or as little as you like and it's great quality food.
If there are any drawbacks I would say it is that the hot tub isn't quite hot enough. The weather wasn't overly warm so I guess during the height of summer it would be more refreshing. But that is definitely splitting hairs.
If I ever get a chance to go back to Santorini I would definitely consider returning to the Adamant Suites. Although it might be interesting to stay in another of the group's hotels.
If you are trying to decide if it's worth it or not, in my opinion, it is absolutely worth it!

Room Tip: For privacy I would chose the Aqua Marine Suite.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 27, 2011

In trying to decide where to stay on the island I read so many reviews of so many hotels it was crazy. I chose the Adamant Suites because it had a private balcony and jacuzzi. By the way this is all relative because private just means you have one and it is for you. It also means that guests in other rooms can see you and you can hear others as well. I have to say I was very dissapointed in this, espcially from the photos.

The best part of the hotel is the staff, which are very attentive and really try to make your stay wonderful. Everyone says this in the reviews and it is very true. Plus the breakfast brought to your room really is wonderful.

The location is not for the faint of heart though because with no restaurant onsite it is quite a walk uphill and up stairs to town. We actually ate whatever we could find in our room the first night because we just couldn't face the walk.

If you like a quiet room don't pick the Diamond suite it shares a wall with the front desk and the jacuzzi isn't private at all. The room above us was in their jacuzzi and could see us the whole time we were in ours, not quite what I had in mind.

The Diamond room isn't worth the money unless you don't mind the noise of the room above you, the noise of the hotel office, and the lack of privacy (we could hear the office answer the phone, the people above us and people walking by could see us in the private balcony and jacuzzi).

They do have free internet but it was down while we were there. Buyer beware if you rent a car from the airport. Ours was very old and the clutch went out on the way to Oi. Luckily the rental car company had a office in Oi so was able to change cars after much arguing with them.

The one thing we noticed staying in this part of the island is yes there are a lot of restaurants and shops but the hotels are really hit or miss. Many that we saw advertised on here that looked great really weren't when we saw them in person. Also location is key because I am in great shape but seriously the stairs and terrain can be pretty trecherous. Oi was even worse on this!

Keep in mind that the pictures of these hotels focus on the view (seriously everyplace has a great one) and the best features of the rooms. I stay in hotels more than I do my own bed because I travel nonstop but even I learned valuable travel lessons on this trip.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
16 Thank KnowingThisKnow
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 28, 2010

The Admant Suites was our second stop in our trip to Greece. There is no street names or signs on the island, and Admant suite was kind enough to send a staff to lead us to the hotel.

The location is very convenience and it is only about 3 minutes to town by car. Our room is Opal Suite which is located at the top level and its balcony is private. The sea view is beautiful and we enjoyed having breakfasts at the balcony, and I don't mind spending the whole day watching the sea there. The room is beautifully decorated and it is as good as described on its website. The bed is very comfortable. Sheet and towels are clean (my wife has straight requirements on these and Opal Suite passed). Breakfasts are delicious with wide variety.

Services and arrangements at Admant Suites are excellent and I would like to give special thanks to Katerina (receptionist) for her kind support during my stay. My wife and I really did have a good time there, and we would highly recommend Admant Suites to anyone who plan to stay on the Santorini Island.

Thanks for looking.

Billy & Perry
(Hong Kong)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed October 15, 2010

What can I say that hasn't been already been said by all these other reviews? Well, I'll try. First off, I'm not a high-roller/big spender by any means. I totally splurged on the Diamond Suite since it was my honeymoon, and if you need an excuse to splurge, than a honeymoon is it. And I have to say it was totally worth it. Everything was top notch; room, bathroom, balcony, view, hot tub, complementary breakfast on said balcony, laptop (with wi-fi) and champagne (well, maybe not top notch, but it was free). And the staff were so nice and not at all pretentious or snobby. Several times when I was asking for recommendations for dinner or how to get somewhere, they always mentioned how to take the bus, or a really good and affordable place to eat. It wasn't until I mentioned I wanted something high-end for a restaurant that they would make those kind of recommendations. And when I checked out, I was asked if I wanted to charge everything on one card or two (or three). I was prepared, of course, but I did appreciate being asked. So, that's my angle for this review; high-end luxury with zero attitude.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple