“Very good cuisine, nice views”
Review of Ellis Restaurant

Ellis Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Diner, Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ellis Restaurant is an open-air terraces overlooking the big caldera of Santorini island,serving creative Mediterranean cuisine prepared with local products.One of the Best Mediterranean & Local Greek Cuisine in Fira Santorini.Enjoy the best creative cuisine in Santorini made by the best Chefs.The perfect choice for couples, groups, families or for those who desire a special dinner on the cliffs at the Caldera of Santorini.The old sea captain's house has been converted and renovated to a beautiful Restaurant with a big inside hall and 2 levels open-air terraces.Fresh Seafood by Santorinian and Greek recipes from typical local dishes, and wines of Santorini.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Ellis restaurant is on the caldera rim and has great views. The service is fine and the food as well. We had very nice baked Santorini cheese, fresh seabass (filleted on the table), lamb with cheese and vegetables and a nice pannacotta. It is a bit more expensive than other places but very good.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place is located in Fira town, on a beautiful hill overlooking the Calera sea.
It has some of the best Santorini fritters I've eaten and delicious seafood platters to feed a family of four! Don't expect the seafood to be cooked in fancy sauces or overloaded with herbs and spices. It's cooked in a very simple, but delicious way.
Great value, lots of food, great Santorini wine and friendly staff to help you select your menu, while you watch the sunset.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband & I recently stopped by at sunset for a drink & to enjoy the view from the terrace at Ellis Restaurant. As the staff were very friendly & welcoming & the menu looked delicious & reasonably priced, we decided to return later that evening for a meal. The weather was windy & cold so we ate inside this beautiful, old converted stable. The decor was elegant & the food superb! We congratulate the chef & our waiter for making our last night on Santorini memorable.

2  Thank FrankyFeedback
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been staying at the neighboring Tzekos Villas for the past three days.

Our first day, we stopped by for a quick bite. I had the Santorini salad (cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, anchovy and a wonderful yogurt dressing) and my wife had a bowl of Gelato. Along with the 1/4 liter of local wine, the tab was just under €25. We returned for dinner that evening; I had the lamb shank and my wife had pasta. The total bill was less than €45, including tip and a large beer.

The staff was great, though maybe a tad slow with the check. The patio gets a little cold when windy, but the view more than makes up for it. Definitely give it a shot, especially if you get tired of climbing the same stairs over and over again!

4  Thank chefriley
Reviewed May 15, 2014

One of the best afternoons I've lived in Greece with a fantastic sunset by a breathtaking view from the restaurant.Thanks to all the staff of Ellis for the best times in this place.Everything was perfect.

6  Thank Kalamatas K