“Best memories”
Review of Ellis Restaurant

Ellis Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 189 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Diner, Greek, Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ellis Restaurant is an open-air terraces overlooking the big caldera of Santorini island,serving creative Mediterranean cuisine prepared with local products.One of the Best Mediterranean & Local Greek Cuisine in Fira Santorini.Enjoy the best creative cuisine in Santorini made by the best Chefs.The perfect choice for couples, groups, families or for those who desire a special dinner on the cliffs at the Caldera of Santorini.The old sea captain's house has been converted and renovated to a beautiful Restaurant with a big inside hall and 2 levels open-air terraces.Fresh Seafood by Santorinian and Greek recipes from typical local dishes, and wines of Santorini.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A year later and I still remember our fantastic night at Ellis. Our waiter was charming and efficient. We drank great wine and I had the Sole while watching the sunset. Everything was superb. The lamb Kleftiko was amazing. Great value for money too.

3  Thank Pam H

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hi Peter and Paro (spelling?)...we loved Ellis restaurant and especially loved you guys. Thank you making our visit to Greece so amazing. Remember Peter we told you to come visit us in San Francisco. You guys are amazing. Your friends: Melanie, Joshua, Mike and Kris.

1  Thank Melanie S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I choose to be there around 18:30 p.m on Octomber , the view of the sunset was amazing ,the food and the service excellent .
The staff was very helpful and very kind with us , i will go back next year and my first choise will be this restaurant on the cliff.

1  Thank Panos K
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by our accommodation - so we went there for lunch on the day we arrived in Fira.
Firstly they took ages to take our order - but I think that was just part of the antics going on at this restaurant.
Then they apologised and said that half of the wine would be on the house. We ordered 1/4 litre of wine and they gave us 1/2 a litre. "Very nice" we thought.
The meals themselves were average - my husband had the mousaka and I had a salad.
At the end the waiter presented us with what he called a "complimentary surprise" - which was a very ordinary panna cotta surrounded by pink goo.
The truly bad part was at the end when we checked the bill receipt after paying. We had been charged for the full 1/2 litre of wine and the panna cotta.
I am totally convinced that this whole experience is a well practised ruse being executed by this restaurant on unsuspecting tourists. They are deliberately conning tourists into believing that they are being "given" things when they are not.
I strongly recommend avoiding this restaurant - there are plenty of restaurants all along the caldera edge to choose from.

9  Thank BestTravels2U
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We passed by this restaurant by accident and decided to have a lunch here. The place looked nice, clean and quiet with a nice sea view.

The arrangement and decorations of the food had aesthetic appeal and portions were good on size. Unfortunately starters and salad were neither too fresh nor tasty. On the main course the rice was overdone, chicken was dry and overall everything was underseasoned. I hope the chef would taste the food before sending it to the tables. My table had a cake on the house and that was superb. I wish I had had only deserts in this place if that was the case with the menu they offered.

The waiter was trying to be polite but actually he was over attentive and some jokes crossed the line of being tasteful to the point of annoying me.

I wouldn't call this faboulous dining experience. I would call it a rushtime lunch in any fast food place with nice garnish but outrages prices according to the overall quality. Most definitely not worth of visiting or overpaying of the quality provided by Ellis restaurant.

4  Thank Jan H