“wonderful friendly atmosphere and food”
Review of Fanari Restaurant

Fanari Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 195 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located in the most central part of Fira, the Caldera, just a few meters away from the main square and the cable car!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have been to Fira twice now,totalling 7 nights, and choose to eat at this restaurant every time for either dinners or lunches. The view is breathtaking , the food amazing and the friendly staff just keep us coming back every time. Special mention must go to Renalto, who was always on hand to spoil us with some free treat(extra salad, stuffed pita bread, chocolate cake, dessert wine, rockmelon), to name a few. The grilled Calamari is one of our favourites there, but all of their dishes are worth trying.Watching the spectacular sunsets from your table while enjoying the wonderful food and wine is so romantic and a must when visiting Santorini .We'll be back!!!

1  Thank Jill P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been to Fanari on every visit to Santorini and every time I return my friends and I are again amazed by the DELICIOUS food, SPECTACULAR views of the caldera and INCREDIBLE hospitality by the staff and managers! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Santorini! The traditional Lamb Kleftiko, stuffed calamari and veal steak are my favourite mains!!!!

1  Thank Stasi12345
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We were told to come to Fanari by someone we met on the plane and then by the people who ran the apartments we stayed in. We're glad we listened. We watched an amazing sunset followed by a delicious meal. The zucchini balls and the stuffed calamari were lovely and they gave us complimentary bread to start and chocolate cake, water Mellon and desert wine to finish. We highly recommend. If u book u are more likely to get a good table with the best view!

1  Thank JPRNZ
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had dinner here at our first night in Santorini, as recommended by our hotel. After a few more meals around the place, I can say that the menu is reasonably priced. We got there when it was fairly busy (sunset time) but because there are three tiers of dining space, we still got a table with uninterrupted views.

The sunset over the ocean was incredible. I know that Oia us known as the place of sunsets but we went to Oia a few nights latter and everyone was crowded to the point where the sun goes down and it was not enjoyable at all. The views I had on the cliff at Thira were much better.

We ordered a greek salad and seafood platter which was ok but didn't have much flavour. If I was to choose again, I would have gone for meat.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were very fortunate that we found a table by the cliffside Restaurant Fanari... The night was incredible because we were lucky to witness the fireworks display from the volcano. We were very impressed by the delicious food (mezede), and especially the grilled sea bream. The service was very friendly and helpfull apart that it was such a busy night. I recomend if you ever visit Santorini..... A must