“Great place to watch the sun set”
Review of Fanari Restaurant

Fanari Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the most central part of Fira, the Caldera, just a few meters away from the main square and the cable car!
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for some wine and appetizers to watch the sunset. We ordered wine with a cheese plate and ate outdoors with a great view and "to die for" fantastic weather, talk about awesome. Service was good and the atmosphere was very relaxing, we would definitely go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

we enjoy the great view, we enjoy traditional greek meze and the service was friendly and helpfull. we return again here. You can taste tomato balls, eggplant with cheeses tomato and basil. potato saganaki, fava split and delicious chicken with feta cheese pepper sauce.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The view is nice and that's it.

We were put in a separate area on the right which was quieter than the rest of the restaurant.

The food was most likely frozen, not sea-fresh as one would expect in such a location.
Nothing very original in the menu either, just the classic food you'll find in any taverna.
The cocktails were terrible, they just don't know how to make good cocktails.

The service was ok (fast and responsive), but the waiter was terrible :
In a restaurant serving seafood, it's a must to provide wet wipes or water to clean your hands afterwards, they didn't give any and were surprized we asked.
The server at some point started talking to me, he left while I was replying to him.
Last but not least, this is the only time ever, I was shown the price I had to pay on the bill, as if I was too dumb to read the bill..

It wasn't overpriced though.

Clearly a tourist trap to avoid.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

A place where you love it!!! Service warm, food delicious and a view where you will see in your dream. Tomato balls and eggpland with greek cheeses and basil, I believe that, if you go there you must try them.

1  Thank marina p
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A place to eat, to drink, to enjoy the sunset. From the most important places in Santorini, simple, traditional food but delicious. The service very good, ask for ..... Renato, Excellent!

1  Thank marco g