“Best meal in Santorini”
Review of Argo Restaurant

Argo Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Argo restaurant in not only creative food... Modern Ambiance, unique music collections, excellent sunset view and the best possible service is what we work really hard to give to our Guests... It is the Journey that counts, the destination thought is the Experience....
Reviewed September 14, 2013

8 days and three islands in to a 10 day vacation in Greece, we dined at Argo. So good, we were prepared to eat there a second consecutive night but couldn't make it due to a Catamaran trip. Quality of food and service was top notch. It gets packed so get a reservation - or plan to eat later than 10 PM. There are traditional Greek dishes but with modern accents and preparations. A nice change from typical Tavernas. More complex flavor profiles. We had the rib eye steak (AWESOME) lamb shank dish and a bacon wrapped fig app. Everything that came out of the kitchen looked awesome - which is why we wanted to go back for more.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,011)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Definately on the pricey side but when you are looking for great food that takes a back seat. We ordered the gourmet seafood platter for two and when it came out we thought my god who else can we get to help us finish this. Our waiter's name was John and he was about the friendliest most accomodating person we met on our trip. He helped us with the wine selection and was very pleasant checking up on us and making sure we were fully enoying ourselves through out the night. Mix the good food great hospitality, some wine, and a great view of the sunset from the rooftop and it was worth every euro. A must go to for a special night out in Fira.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great view, and most of all, great food. especially if you are a vegetarian and want moussaka. So good! tomato balls, a Santorini special, was better here than anywhere else. Yum.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

WOW WOW WOW! Not only was the view amazing but the food was to die for! The bread with cheese and honey, and some of the best wine we have had (rose house wine)! We spent three days in Santorini and this was by far the best restaurant!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel I'm staying at recommended this restaurant, so I was expecting something great. HOWEVER, Argo, is anything but. It took forever to get a bottle of water. There are no dedicated waiters per table, so it was disorganized mess, that led to poor service. I had to return my main course twice, as I had asked for no cheese, then it came out the second time with meat and I had ordered the vegetarian version, which was on the menu. Finally, I lost my appetite, because it took so long, and left eating only the Santorini salad, that was overly drenched in dressing. I travel all over the world and eat at some of the finest places, this is the typical tourist place that preys on new customers, otherwise they would be out of business. If you want a GREAT restaurant and experience go to Aegialos, also in Fira.