“Great food and place”

Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Neo Tavern Greek Style Food
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a gathering of 50 persons at Ouzeri for a pre wedding dinner. The choice of the place was recommended and tested by my wife 2 months prior to the wedding. All that I can say is that all our guests and us were delighted, the food was amazing, service was good (we were there in a High season and we know how busy it can be in such seasonal destinations), the staff reacting and responding quickly to our needs despite the rush hours they had. The owners are adorable and really helpful. A must try while in Santorini for an authentic food.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We spent one week in Santorini and had three times the dinner here. Sea food has an excellent quality/price ratio and the personnel is really kind and fast in the service. Good choice of plates, tried some typical Greek and fish (either appetizers or main dishes).

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Great place to chill , good drinks, tasty food and nice and friendly staff. One of those places where you want to go back.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Food was fantastic, couldnt stop eating...hahahaha, simply brilliant!!!! You must try the grilled octopus with fava, its too delicious for words, best food in Santorini!!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant itself Didn't Look good so went in and They Sat us down! We waited ten minutes to order drinks What was ok considering it was full. We ordered the food but it was taking ages so I asked a nice waiter (tall guy). He went to check and two minutes later another rude waiter comes with our main courses. I told him we had ordered a started and for our astonishment his answer was: It's on the grill, do you want it or NOT??? This was exactly 35 minutes after we sat down. The food is average, nothing special at all. The problem was that there were only bothered about getting more people in so they kept cleaning tables and sitting customers they couldn't even serve.

1  Thank PortofinoElche
Ouzeri, Ιδιοκτήτης at To Ouzeri, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear customer
My name is George Stakias and I am professional cook.
Usually I don't answering in the Trip Advisor reviews because I respect everybody's opinion,but in this case I feel that I have answer to your review.
You start your review writing that the restaurant didn't look nice from the start.if that was true why you came to eat nobody force you to come in and I will tell you that I don't know if it is nice but my restaurant is very clean and have all the lisences from the Greek law to serve 140 customers and we are doing that for more than ten years with success.
Second you are writing that the second waitor was rude.Was rude because he asked if you still want your sausage grilled and because for some reason we made a mistake and we served you the main dishes without serving the starter?
Your order was a sausage grilled a moussaka and a spicy meatballs giaourtlou.
You said that the food was not nice at all but when the polite waitor a tall guy as you write came to pick up your plates they were empty.so how come a person that is complaining about the food that is not good is eating it all the food and leaving empty plates.
Sorry for me is not normal because usually if you don't like the food you have one or two bites and then you leaving it on the side.
Also when you left my wife and co partner when she asked if you have nice meal your husband told her that you didn't get your starter and that you also have restaurants in Spain and in England
and also you in a rude way you told her that you will write a bad comment in trip advisor.
I still believe that to leave a bad comment is not a threat for restaurant because from our mistakes we are getting better.
But I don't respect the comments like yours because I am very sure that we didn't do anything wrong in this case.
And we still believe that we are human beings and we are making mistakes.
And a missing sausage is not a mistake that is effecting to a normal person's happiness.
Thank you and I hope that you read my answer
George Stakias