“Good atmosphere and excellent food”
Review of To Ouzeri

To Ouzeri
Ranked #17 of 189 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Neo Tavern Greek Style Food
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed having lunch there when the weather was gloomy. Very nice staff. Good and fresh local food.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Service was excellent, very polite and many staff to take care of guests. Sheltered dining room from the rain. However the food fell a little short. We were on our 4th night in Santorini and felt as though the authentic Greek flavor was missing. Smaller mom and pop restaurant definitely has a more flavorful experience. We had a chicken souvlaki and moussaka and both fell short of expectations. The bread was alright, but not great. Neither of us finished our plates, and that was a first for us in Santorini! Again, good food, just not great!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate dinner here our first night in Santorini after wandering around looking at a bunch of places in Fira. This place looked lovely and clean and fresh with reasonable prices.
I had the vegetarian moussaka as I really wanted to try moussaka and this was the first vegetarian one I saw in Greece. Best meal I ever ate, was just delicious! There are no words to describe it, I still long for more! My friend had the meatballs and also loved them, so we were both really blissed out on the food there.
Staff were friendly, and service was pretty quick (though took a while after the food for the waiter to return again, but it was a bit busy so we didn't mind too much, this seems to be the Greek way)

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Following a recommendation from a newly friended bartender (at the tropical), my husband and I were pointed in the direction of this ouzeri in Fira, close to the caldera view street.
We ordered fried manouri with sesame seeds and sour cherries, as well as meatballs with ouzo sauce. Both dishes were amazing! We sipped some ouzo over ice accompanied by water, (as our tropical bartender had informed is the proper way to respect and enjoy the ouzo). The waiters were full of life, commented many times on how we were being very traditional, we received many smiles, thumbs ups, and a couple free shots after dinner.

I cannot wait to try to make the grilled manouri for friends when I get home.

If you're looking for a larger meal, I would recommend also getting bread and a salad, and you would likely be very contented.

Yamas!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wont say much, we have been there many times and all the food we had was very delicious and not only that, the service is great and the staff very polite and friendly.