“Great stuffed calamri and manouri”
Review of To Ouzeri

To Ouzeri
Ranked #17 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Neo Tavern Greek Style Food
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited Ouzeri to taste some seafood and some Santorini‘s specials and we were really satisfied. The waitress was very helpful and her recommendations were point blanks. We were served reasonably fast. Unfortunately when we finished our waitress took a break and rest of the crew didn’t put much attention to our table. We ordered MANOURI OUZERI, SANTORINI TOMATOKEFTEDES ( FAKE MEATBALLS ) and stuffed calamari. Manouri and calamari were very tasty, fresh and worth ordering. Tomatokeftedes weren’t that tasty for us but I guess that was the case of our taste not the dish itself. All were well cooked and fresh. The restaurant looks nice and clean and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxing. Ouzeri is definitely worth visiting.

1  Thank Igor L

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stopped into Ouzeri on my way back to my hotel (Aroma Suites), simply because I decided that I needed some Ouzo before I leave Santorini. I was met so kindly, and it was right during the peak period where folks usually just want a drink and not blow a lot of money. I believe it was the owner who stopped by my table several times and we had a very nice conversation. I ordered the grilled octopus, as I had been craving it since I arrived in Greece. It was the best I have ever had, hands down - simplly grilled, with a side of red onions and some greens, along with lemon. I order octopus whenever it is on the menu, and this is the best I have ever had. I fell completely and helplessly in love with Santorini, and intend to return in the next year. My first stop when I do will be Ouzeri. It was a very nice send-off for my last night on the island. Great food, and good conversation with the owner. I highly reccomend.

1  Thank Jaggernaut2000
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is the perfect example where not to eat!
very small plates for expensive prices!
Lot of waiters for poor service!

2  Thank RuthS769
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I cannot recommend this taverna highly enough for its great service and excellent cuisine. Try the octopus on split pea purée, steamed mussels or the soft cheese with sesame crust & sour cherries , meatballs in ouzo sauce and much more..a must in Santorini. Looking already forward to my next visit.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

It is located on top of a shopping mall at Fira near the big Cathedral church, it a very nice greek taverna with very reasonable prices ( all over restaurants with caldera view have very high prices).Personel was polite and quick to serve you. Dont miss ''shimps -garides saganaki ''', the best plate, the best sauce i have ever ate. Also seafood spaggeti was a very good plate. All the plates were very good. The ambience was romantic even they dont have caldera view.! I prefer to have whole grain bread that we didn't found at any restaurant in Santorini !!! Overall we ate 2 times at Ouzeri, and we were very satisfied !!

1  Thank R M