“This place MADE my stay on Santorini!! AWESOME!”
Review of Kima Villa

Kima Villa
Ranked #14 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Oia
Reviewed August 5, 2010

When we arrived at the airport in Santorini, there was a taxi waiting for us as I arranged with Tassos, the manager. He whisked us to Kyma Villas and Tassos was waiting for us and gave us a warm welcome! He lugged 2 of our suitcases down the 70 steps to the apartment for us, so I was just left with one. It is a bit of a climb down and up, but it is so worth it for the scenery and the place itself! Once we were in our room, it was hard to stop staring out the front door at the view of the caldera and the big beautiful blue ocean, dotted with ships and sailboats. It's the most peaceful and awesome view! We walked out our front door to the pristine, refreshing swimming pool and enjoyed relaxing, jumping in to cool off and hanging on the edge of the pool, looking down at the water and at the other white hotels/apartments/houses tumbling down the side of the caldera. We had apartment #1 with 2 sleeping areas, as I was traveling with my 2 teenage daughters...there was plenty of space - the air conditioner worked great, the kitchen area was sufficient for us, as we were served breakfast every morning on our patio and we were usually out during the day and I didn't feel like cooking in the evening...I was on vacation! But, if you do want to cook, there are pots, pans, dishes...everything you need! And a little fridge. There is a television and a little dining area. Tasso took car of getting me my return ferry tickets, my rental car and tickets for a catamaran sailing excursion...his service was such a help and he seemed to take pleasure in assisting us and recommending places to eat for us! I can't say enough about this place....I don't know if I would have enjoyed my stay on the island as thouroughly as I did if I hadn't stayed at Kyma Villas...between the knock-out views and the service, and the accomodations, I don't know how you could beat it! It is the typical, Cycladic architecture and furnishings, so while it's authentic and charming, it's not plush or the Ritz...and that is OK with me! It was a pleasure to come home to Kyma Villas at night and find candles in lanterns around the pool - so beautful, romantic and cozy! We stayed 4 nights in July 2010.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank marymary94

Reviewed February 16, 2010

My partner and I have visited Santorini almost annually for the past 12 years. This was our 6th stay at Kima Villa. It is a small family operated property with only 8 apartments. Georgia and her Father, Marco, are wonderful hosts. The property is ideally situated overlooking the dramatic caldera in the village of Oia. The apartments are simple and well appointed. A morning breakfast tray of coffee and pastries can be arranged and delivered to your individual terrace. The view is spectacular. We sit for hours gazing out onto the caldera, watching the ferries, cruise ships, and private boats coming and going. As the day unfolds, the light changes bring a myriad of colors across the sea. Marco does not speak much English, but is quite intuitive and attentive to guest's needs. The property is one of the best priced for its location and quality. It boasts a small swimming pool, cartainly large enough to enjoy. I am almost hesitant to write this review as I would hate to see Kima become too busy and so popular. As it is one has to book early to ensure space in the high season of June through September

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I went twice to Kima Villa and I will go again hopefully this year.
I traveled a lot in Greece and I saw many accommodations (please have a look at my blog http://ursula.blogdns.net/ ) but this is simply amazing. Wonderful view to caldera, well decorated studios with care to details, breakfast served on your private balcony and small swimming pool facing to caldera to enjoy your stay .... perfect !
It is the perfect accommodation for your holiday in Santonini

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

Santorini could not have been better if we hadnt found Kyma Villa!! Not only was it extremely clean and well taken care for, the owners Marcos and his daughter Georgia were wonderful. Marcos and georgia were hospitable, helpful and extremely friendly. Marcos recommended the best restaurants (Skala, Petros taverna) and sent us on a beautiful sailboat to view the sunset!! reasonably priced and located in the center of Oia, Kyma Villas Will only add to your lovely stay on the island of Santorini!!
Steve and Cybella Griffith New York, NY

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This is the most beautiful and cheapest hotel in oia.
You must go there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nicgermany
Reviewed January 19, 2008

Kima Villa (or Kyma Villa - they spell it both ways for some reason) ticks all the right boxes for a perfect stay in beautiful Oia, Santorini. For starters it's not wildly expensive like most hotels that enjoy the caldera view and have an infinity-style pool. All rooms have a balcony or terrace with private seating that overlooks the breathtaking view of the caldera (we could tell this because it's such a small place). Breakfast is brought to your room whenever you want it, and is laid out on the outside table for you to enjoy. Simple but filling and tasty it consisted of fresh breads, pastries, jams, cold meats, cheese, fresh coffee and juice. The rooms were comfortable and cool and our room in particular was very spacious. The location is absolutely perfect - positioned just moments from the main marbled thoroughfare through Oia Town but away from any noise or bustle.

The pool was a dream - you can swim up and rest your arms on the edge and watch ships and ferries as they arrive and leave Fira - sooo relaxing! Granted the pool is small but Kima Villa isn't a big hotel - perhaps 7 or 8 rooms/suites, and during our 4 day stay we took a late morning and late afternoon dip every day and rarely had to share it with anyone else.

Do note the rooms aren't super-modern. Our kitchenette was very basic and dated looking (70's style decor), the bathroom likewise. But it was all very clean, and there was a quaint, authentic quality to everything which we kind of liked. TV is also very limited - no cable channels. But in the evening it was more enjoyable sitting on the terrace with a glass of wine chatting, or reading, when we weren't out and about.

The management team are also very friendly.

We would definitely go back. One of the best holidays we have ever had, loved it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank aburnsie
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We has planned to spend our three nights in Oia at Nostos apartments, but as they were only available for two, Andreas at Nostos suggested we stay at Kyma - literally next door.

I wondered why there had been so little written about this place on TA. I wonder now whether the price puts people off - it cost us 250 Euros, which was quite expensive for what you get: a location that's wonderful, but no better than Nostos; rooms which are nice, but not as interesting at Nostos. And Nostos was 70 Euros a night cheaper.

Positives are that the room we had, a suite, was quaint, old-fashioned and clean, and the balcony was roomy and made you feel as though you were right out over the sea. A simple breakfast was served on the balcony and the pool was clean, with a comfortable enough seating area - better than Nostos, in fact.

Finally, the staff were indeed very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't not recommend Kyma, but I think there is better accommodation available for the price.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family