“Do it!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #9 of 34 Oia B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“Do it!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

First of all, congratulations on deciding to go to Santorini! Second, congrats on deciding to stay in OIA! Third, you are making the right choice if you are thinking about staying at Aspa!!!!! My boyfriend and I had an amazing week in Aspa and I want to share my experience (this is my first time ever commenting on tripadvisor but I thought it was so worth it!) From the moment we arrived, Dimitris and Nikoleta were more than welcoming. You can see right away that they are genuinely good people. Aspa Villas is run by a family and during our entire stay, my boyfriend and I felt a part of their family. They were there at our every need and gave us wonderful recommendations of things to do and places to eat! Overall, it was just a great experience. Our room was absolutely beautiful- the view from the top with the terrace was stunning (it's definitely worth it to pay the extra for the view!!), we had breakfast delivered to our room every morning. For the price that we paid, it was a great deal!! If you're considering staying in Aspa, I highly recommend you do it. They are wonderful people in an absolutely beautiful place.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with the view!!! Worth every penny!!!!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at the Aspa Villas last week and it was just amazing! Steps away from the caldera.. I know Aspa does offer views of the caldera, i didn't have a caldera view from Room #3, my front door faced the street..but it also faced the gorgeous sunset and i had a view of the ocean. Upon arrival I went up the back steps from the pool to the caldera. I literally, only had to walk a 50 feet to see the view that many are paying $300-$500 a night for in the 4 star hotels that are next door to Aspa. I can see why this would be pleasant but I was very happy paying $75 a night and doing the same sight-seeing, shopping, and walking as the other travelers, plus i had more money to shop in Oia and eat!

My room was also right next to the pool and it was always quiet. So quiet and peaceful, in fact, that i took to my front porch every morning and evening. The front entry has a table with chairs and I sat out there and made phone calls on skype on the FREE WIFI. very reliable connection there. As for the actual pool it is quite small, but very clean, They also have a whirlpool outside, I made use of it and i was happy I did, very relaxing and though it does face the street, you can pull the curtains to close it if you like.

The room was clean and it has a small kitchen (I never used it but it was clean and had cold fridge, stove, sink, dishes, and pots/pans.) There is a corner/grocery store across the street from the hotel, as well, as a few cafes, a delicious bakery and restaurants down in either direction. Everything is walking distance unless you want to go into Fira (where the airport is) which is 20 mins by car. Housekeeping came every day and even when I said I didnt need anything, she still gave me fresh towels. Very sweet.

The only thing i can say is that the bathroom floor is hard to keep dry because of the shower...but really, who cares?? lol. :)) I just asked for one extra towel and I used it as a second bathmat. Oh and the TV only got a few channels but DONT WATCH TV go see the town!! :))

Dimitri and Nicoletta were amazing and very helpful and kind. Really, I cannot say enough. Very pleased! It is the BEST DEAL in Oia!

Room Tip: #3 faces the street but has a nice view of the sunset from the porch area.
1 Thank DebbieOlson08
Seattle
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked a room with Aspa Villas based off of the reviews of Tripadvisor. Over all I was happy with our stay. We opted for the Standard Room with Sea View for 70Euro/night. The room was pleasant with a fridge, coffee maker (and coffee and tea provided) as well as a cook top. The unit patio with table and chairs was also nice since we could sit in the shade and drink a Mythos while taking in the view. If I had to do it again, I would probably spend a few more Euro and get a unit with the volcano view.

This standard unit was on the main road side so every morning the garbage trucks would empty the dumpster and would wake us up, so we could not sleep with the windows open, so the room got a little stuffy. It also had a pool and hot tub but the pool was not heated. The room was always cleaned every morning as well.

Additionally, there is a market store about 50meters up the road, which was good as well as a vehicle rental place right across the street (we rented a quad for 25Euro/24hours). Aspa Villas is also right on the bus stop so coming from Fira, tell the driver were you are staying and he will drop you off at the doorstep. They also had free Wifi, which didn't work so well in the rooms but did fine on the patio.

The hotel is also easy access to the Oia-Fira hiking trail, which was right behind the Villa (I highly recommend this hike). Santorini Mou's is also just a 5minute walk up the street (see reviews, this place is a must!).

Finally, the hosts were very helpful and gracious. It is a family run Villa, which was very nice. They were always willing to lend advice, make a phone call, or book an excursion.

I would recommend Aspa Villas and would stay here again shall I return to Santorini (only I would upgrade rooms to a volcano view).

1 Thank ballardtravel
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I am currently staying in Aspa in one of the cave rooms and I must say that I am very happy with the stay. The view is simply breathtaking. The
Location is very good. Just a 5-10 min will take you to the main pebbled street of Oia. The owners are very helpful. I had to watch a cricket match and they gave me their laptop for the night. Rooms are decently spacious for me, my wife and our son. A big thumbs up for Aspa

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Aspas Villas. The location was superb. Just walking distance to Oia Village. This was the best part of Santorini. The views to the traditional cave house was just beautiful. We had our own courtyard and a place to hang our washed clothes.

Nikoleta provided us tips on what we should see and places we should eat. We were given a list of dishes we should try in Santorini. Mind you the food at Santorini is amazing. Greeks really know how to prepare their food.

I loved Oia and Aspas made our stay very enjoyable. I would recommend anyone who wants to stay in Oia to consider this B&B.

Room Tip: Take the traditional cave house
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Beijing, China
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We didnt got the sea view apartment, but the room on the ground floor is still nice, with a lovely kitchen and 10 foot steps from the Aegean sea view, the hostess is very helpful, we stayed there for 4 nights, she did our laundry for free. Even tough is bit far from the Oia, but you can enjoy the amazing view during the 15 minutes walk! Love it will definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cecilia L
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The view from the room is one of the most amazing sites in the world. The rooms aren't anything spectacular, but they are clean with a big bed and small kitchen (what more can you ask for?). If you plan on hanging out in your room the entire trip (shame on you), then you may want to book a big fancy resort. But if you appreciates personal, friendly service, a clean room, free cake & juice, and waking up to a giant blue ocean- then this place is for you! We could not have been happier with all of the help Dmitri gave us upon arrival: a map, directions, restaurant recommendations, and he booked a boat tour for us! He was not pushy at all and was simply happy to answer our questions and help us get to most out of our time on Santorini.

Room Tip: You have to get a caldera view room. It is heaven!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple