Review Highlights
Daytime Cruise

The cruise was a major highlight of our trip to Greece. We were collected before the cruise and... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
needstotravel1234
via mobile
Best Experience in Greece! Awesome day with tour guides

This was hands down our favorite part of Greece vacation. In Mykonos, we met a couple who... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2018
mallorywilczynski

Recommended experiences in and around Oia
from $109.24
from $114.98
from $178.23
from $120.73
More Info
All reviews captain mario his assistant sailing trip hot springs seafood saganaki amazing hosts excellent captain highlight of our trip sunset cruise salad great stories airbnb host amazing meal private tour great company his knowledge wine and beer
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

This is an absolutely not to be missed sailing trip around Santorini's caldera with a real pirate. Captain Mario, and the female pirate, Maya, attend to your every need, as they deliver the sights, sounds and tastes of the real Greece. My best friend and I travelled through Santorini by bus the day before. To see Santorini by sea, transported by a real life pirate , surpassed all my expectations.
Oh, and don't let me forget the delectable meal, prepared by Captain Mario himself and served with love by Maya, his trusty sidekick. And I would be remiss were I not to mention Costos, the land-bound pirate, who will pick you up at your hotel and ferry you to Oios , where Captain Mario awaits you for the adventure of a lifetime!
I hope you will enjoy our photos as much as we enjoyed sailing the caldera with Captain Mario!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 1, 2018

We were picked up in a very old mini van which was not air conditioned. We had to sit in the back of the van and there were no windows. Our journey time was app 40 mins across the island and we were suffocating in the back of the van. My husband nearly passed out and the driver did not seem to care. We almost had to beg to get out of the van when we arrived at the boat and he muttered that it was the summer after all! I would have liked to have seen him take the same journey whilst he sat up front with his window open. The boat trip was lovely and food great - it was just a shame they need to upgrade their transport. Don't get in the van if you are told the air conditioning is broken!

1  Thank happyj660
barbarossa s, Owner at Barbarossa Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear happyj660 .... It is true that there was a problem with one of the two mini vans of the company on that date. I posted some pics of the van that had the problem , so we had to use the substitute older mini van we have for such cases (so our guests they don't loose their excursion). That mini van is fully functionable we just dont use it to transfer our guests any more. It is also true that the ac of that mini van didn't work that day . The next day the problem of the mini van was solved and came back to work and also we fixed afterwards the ac of the the one you mentioned. Thank you for your time to review us and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. Always at your services Cpt Mario

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Mario and his first mate were top notch!! They were both very informative and knowledgeable. The food that they prepared on the boat was very very good!! The boat had plenty of room, I felt like the cruise was time was perfect. We did the sunset cruise, stopped to swim a couple of times. The views are amazing from the water. The hot springs was also a nice touch. I would highly recommend Barbarossa Sailing.

1  Thank Vacationers_08
Reviewed July 29, 2018

I haven't written a review in years but I'd like to praise Captain Mario.

We did a sunset tour with Captain Mario. The excursion is not cheap but certainly worth it. The caldera views from the water beat any views from land and enjoying a serene sunset from your own boat certainly beats jostling for a glimpse among the crowds in Oia.

Barbarossa advertises a maximum of 8 guests and our tour happened to only have six! There was more than enough space on the sailboat to spread out and take it all in.

The Barbarossa fleet actually has two sailboats and I would highly highly recommend reserving a spot on Captain Mario's boat. He is erudite, funny and overall a pleasurable guide/captain. Thank me later, parakalo!

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

If you are going to Santorini you have to go to this trip. We had the sunset cruise from 4pm till 9pm. The crew are all amazing the captain Takis and the sailor Kiriakos and there helper Maya all where amazing. They gave us alot of details about Santorini and about the volcano. We also had a wonderful meal while we watch the sunset. Highly recommended !!! If I go back I will visit again.

2  Thank Isaac D