Tripadvisor
Oia
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews fresh fruit reception desk spectacular views santorini experience shops and restaurants wonderful stay amazing place bottle of wine each morning the cliff amenities housekeeping sunbeds cave climb location blue
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

The location is great, in the heart of Oia, close to bus station, centre of the village and sunset view best spot.
We had a pretty room with a shared terrace, the view was simply amazing.
Virginia and her husband are very friendly and helpful if you need any recommendation, restaurant bookings etc...
the only thing improvable is the breakfast, (having fresh bread and seasonal fruit for example) I found it a bit poor compared to the rest of the experience in terms of value for money.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2016

I stayed here with my daughter aged 10 in October 2015. A very clean tidy cave. It had a nice comfortable bed, living area, cupboard space. Powerful shower. Kitchen area.
Our fridge was replenished each day with fresh bread, eggs, cheese, and fruits.
I cooked our breakfast and we sat outside each morning to dine. The sparking blue of the sea never failed to amaze. The villa was quite and cleaned daily by the lovely lady whose name I can't recall. Virginia was available on hand to advise restaurants/day trips. A very kind and helpful lady. The villa is placed perfectly to view the sunsets, visit restaurants, bars and the cafes. There are some steps to the villa. However it was fine for my daughter and I. Plus there is a rail to hold onto. All in all a very magical stay.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2015

The best thing about Virginia's is that it feels like home. The attention to detail, and amenities available made our stay very comfortable. In the heart of Oia, a few meters from the sunset point and yet secluded with a semi-private portico to enjoy the serene views of the caldera. The owners are very warm and welcoming and provide great tips for making the most of your stay. I would highly recommend the airport pickup service as finding the place on your own can be difficult. All in all the best place to stay in Santorini. And thank you Virginia for making the trip special for us.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2015

my friend and i had stayed in viriginas cave houses for 2 nights and we absolutely loved it!
- the location is right in the centre, everything is close by ie restaurants, attractions, shopping area.
-The rooms were spotless
- view from the room terrace is incredible
- virginia and her staff were great and super helpful.

i highly recommend this place

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2015

This was a great relaxing holiday and the staff were brilliant! There is a beautiful pool nearby that can be used and plenty of shops and restaurants. Be aware that there are steps to climb so you will get fit! Perhaps I can be bold and say I would not bring small children here as there may not be enough for them to do.

It is worth hiring some wheels if you want to explore the island. Monolithos has a beautiful black beach...great for swimming and 2E for a sunbed...enjoy.

Date of stay: September 2015