“Romantic, amazing food and not too expensive either.”

Ambrosia Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 96 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2010

Ambrosia Restaurant is the sister of Ambrosia and Nectar, where we visited for lunch, and is the fine dining and romantic equivalent. I started with goats cheese and tomato tartlets which simply melted in my mouth and followed with the fillet of beef. The beef was without doubt the best i had ever tasted. Cooked to perfection with a red wine jus and caramelised grapes it exceeded all my expectations. My wife had the salmon tortelloni, which was jumping with flavour also.

Set on the cliffside of Ia it nestles into the rock, but leaves you with a distinct impression you are floating on the water of the caldera. The tables, sprinkled with rose petals, are small as space is at a premium, but this only makes everything more intimate and romantic. We dined in mid-april and it was a popular choice even then, any later in the season and i would say booking is a must.

Price-wise was not as terrible as i expected, given that it was worth every penny, as a once every-so-often treat! I've paid a lot more for less in Scotland! With the view, the food and the company though - it would have been worth double!

The service was good and attentive, we tried to order in greek (as i reccomend you all do!) and the server was very pleasantly surprised and helped with grammer and pronunciation. I get the feeling that most tourists don't try to speak the lingo, but it is worth the effort.

Overall, a lovely romantic restaurant with some of the best views in Ia.

There are newer reviews for Ambrosia Restaurant

Reviewed April 23, 2010

by far the best restaurant in santorini

Reviewed October 22, 2009

We ate here the night of our wedding. Service was terrific. Food was fantastic. No suprise the view was stunning. They offered dessert and we had our fill, but with the check they brought out a number of desserts on the house that were unreal. Save room for the sweets. Couldn't have been more special.

Reviewed September 27, 2009

While the views are gorgeous (we had a corner table overlooking the caldera sunset), we found the food to be good, but not great, and overpriced. My husband and I like excellent food and arent afraid to splurge on a fantastic meal. The service at Ambrosia was good and so were the ambience and wine selection, however, we were disappointed with the food. It was good but not spectacular.

We ate at Ambrosia and Nectar, Ambrosia's sister restaurant and less expensive, another evening and loved it and would highly recommend it.

We also went to the spa, Caldera Massage Studio, (owned by the same owner as the restaurant above and the Sea Captain's House Hotel) and I would recommend Antonio for a massage.

Reviewed September 14, 2009

My husband and I went to this restaurant because of the reviews as one of the not to be missed things to do while in Santorini. While the view is breathtaking you only get it if you sit on the top balcony. Ask for the corner table because otherwise you are literally sitting on top of each other. Go before sunset becase late at night you don't get the view and then it certainly wouldn't be worth the prices. As for the food it is really average and by American standards really not up to par. Overpriced for no reason. I had the beef which was just a small piece of fillet with one scoop of risotto. My husband had the lamb chops with one small scoop of mashed potatoes. You could do much better at the local tavernas where the portions are bigger, the food tastier and prices better. You also can get the same view from almost anywhere along the Caldera. So unless you just want to go for the ambiance and the experience of saying you went to the restaurant, you really can skip it.

2  Thank lovestotravel1984