“Great Restaurant”

Reserve a Table
Tue, 7/16
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Oia
Description: Long before Santorini became known as one of the world’s most popular destinations, Oia was a small village with 306 inhabitants, located at the northern edge of the caldera. Lauda, built on this rock in 1971, was the village’s first restaurant. It was the place where the locals gathered to talk and drink, the place with the village’s only telephone. Today, Lauda Restaurant is commited to honouring the history and tradition of this unique place. Equipped with exceptional local ingredients and our devotion to the volcanic soil, the native grapes, the aromas and the colours of Santorini we strive to offer you an authentic gastronomic experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic stuff, great food, amazing views. I went with my family to Lauda Restaurant and we lovit, one of the best restaurants of ever

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had high hopes for Lauda and booked it for our first night in Santorini. The staff was extremely nice the entire time (except at the end when they forgot all about us), and we were immediately greeted by the manager upon arrival and led to our magnificent seats. The view is absolutely lovely, first and foremost- and we were given seats right along the water. But that’s a bit where everything dropped off. After choosing a glass of wine (the cheapest red being 20 Euro a glass) and a cocktail (25 Euro) respectively, we chose the smaller tasting menu (145 Euro each) and the wine pairing (85 Euro each). Unlike the rest of the staff, the som wasn’t at all friendly to us, though he as was informative, and we were rushed through each of the courses and pairings. We’ve been fortunate enough to eat at some of the world’s best restaurants and I’ve never had this happen. On top of that, none of the dishes were that outstanding (but maybe it was that we were rushed through them?). Then as we reached the last two courses we were some of the only people left (it had gotten quite cold- to the point where I had to use the napkins to cover my arms- poor planning on my part) and the servers ignored us for about 30 min while we tried to flag someone down for the bill. We are staying next door at Pezoules and have an even better view, drinks and food. I would save your money and book a nice hotel in Oía (it will cost the same as a dinner at Lauda). I hate writing negative reviews but I also really dislike spending so much for a mediocre experience in one of the most beautiful places in the world...

3  Thank GoldenGirlDC1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here to have a beer and watch sunset. The place is wonderful for the view and the beer is tasty. However it is not for people on a budget pricy for just a beer. Great photo spot however.

1  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service was outstanding. They have a sommelier who recommended great wines. Food selections were original and delicious. They provided additional tastes. Exceptional experience.

Date of visit: May 2019
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

Lauda was divine since we arrived until the moment we left. Place is gorgeous, food is sublime and refined. Wine carte is beautiful. “Crew” are gentle and caring. My husband and I just loved it!! Highly recommended to a romantic dinner. It worth what it costs. Memorable!!!

Date of visit: June 2019

Been to Lauda Restaurant? Share your experiences!