“Honeymoon heaven”

Andronis Luxury Suites
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at the Andronis during our honeymoon and loved it. The hotel is gorgeous. The rooms were very clean and large. They serve breakfast to you on the balcony and it was one of the highlights of our stay. There is nothing like enjoying a frappe while looking out at the view. The location was great and near some wonderful restaurants. The pool was one of our favorite spots, the bartender made great cocktails and the food service there was also top notch. We would definitely recommend Andronis especially for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Andronis Luxury Suites

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Andronis Suites in Oia in June for one week.
Upon arrival we were met by Georgio, guest relations and Nadia in reception, and warmly welcomed to the hotel. We were upgraded to an available pool suite near the top of the complex which was well appointed and very comfortable with a breathtaking view from the terrace.
Breakfast, which was varied was served each morning on our terrace.
We booked the wine tasting dinner which gave us the opportunity to sit on the pink chairs on the spectacular dining terrace and sample some fine local wines and delicacies introduced to us by Pauli followed by dinner.
The pool bar must have the best vista one can imagine, and I suggest you visit to try one of Dimitri's special cocktails.
Our holiday was made more special by the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff but especially Georgio, Dimitri, Pauli and Nadia, who are all great fun and carry out their duties to the highest standards.
We would definitely like to return one day in the not too distant future.
In short, this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in.

Stayed: June 2014
Giorgos_Filippidis, General Manager at Andronis Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear mummyhagis,

I am thrilled you took the time to write such an amount of happiness on Tripadvisor and share it with other travelers. I am glad you enjoyed our wine tasting experience and will inform Pauli of your kind comments. To read you had such a great experience with us is our greatest reward and we all hope to welcome you again in Andronis Luxury Suites.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The most amazing view, great cave suites, helpful staff, quiet, peaceful, well situated, we will no doubt return to the Andronis and certainly recommend it. We would like to say a special thank you to Elena who kept our room spotlessly clean, George for his helpful advise and recommendations and Beshmir for being attentive and always wearing a smile, keep it up guys.

Room Tip: We had suite 16 kalypso all suites are individual and interesting and most have many steps.

Dear Lulu058,

I am glad you took the time to write such kind comments on TripAdvisor and share your experience with other travelers. I assure you I will inform all our staff members you mentioned about your comments.

I look forward to welcome you again at your future travels to Santorini and wish you all the best!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We did a lot of research before booking our hotel in Oia. We stayed at the Mykonos Grand in Mykonos and it was 5 star and the best experience. The Andronis is great don't get me wrong, but if you are looking for 5 star service this ain't it. The food, drinks, rooms were all AMAZING. So if service isn't a big deal for you, then stay here. Our room wasn't always tidy after the housekeeping came and they always forgot something in our room service order.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Kris L,

I would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and assure you your opinion is of vital importance for us. I glad to hear you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.

Your feedback is very useful to fine tune our operations and I hope to welcome you again in Andronis Luxury Suites for a perfect stay!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Arriving in Oia and walking into this property is like heaven. This hotel is stunning. The views, the rooms, the staff. The breakfast served in your room or on your balcony is AMAZING. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The bathroom and bedroom is like a cave. My only complaint is the bathroom and bedroom do not get a good flow of AC. The bed is comfortable, the room is spacious. This place is amazing.

1  Thank Eli L
Giorgos_Filippidis, General Manager at Andronis Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Eli L,

I would like to thank you for those kind words and assure you I will let of our team members know about your time with us. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast at the privacy of your terrace as well as the cave design of our suites. Last but not least I would like to apologize for the small inconvenience with your AC and assure you we have already taken all necessary actions to correct it.

I hope to welcome you back soon in Santorini and Andronis Luxury Suites!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I did A LOT of research before deciding to stay at Andronis and I was a little nervous because there are so many gorgeous hotels and not much written about Andronis but let me tell you this is the best hotel in Santorini!

I first want to say that the location of Andronis is the best of all the hotels. I was very concerned about this because when we travel we like to stay close to the 'action' and I couldn't grasp where that was in relation to the hotel, well the hotel is right in the middle of everything! It is the perfect spot, very close to all the shopping and restaurants but still very quite. Very easy for me to go shop while my husband relaxed in the room. The other "luxury" hotels are past Andronis and a little further away from shops and restaurants. You can not see the sunset from the hotel but all the hotels on that side can not see it either (and you go to dinner to watch it anyways so it was never an issue with us).

Our first encounter with the hotel was a little frustrating as we tried to find it based on 'google maps', DO NOT TRY TO FIND IT THIS WAY, it gives you the wrong location as you can not access it by car and it became a VERY frustrating situation trying to battle all the cruse ship tour buses down tiny streets and then having to keep turning around because we couldn't find it. After about 30 mins of being lost and frustrated, we pulled into a parking lot and called the hotel and told them to come find us, they were SO nice and helpful and sent the nicest bailman down to find and help us. He crammed into our little Fiat full of large bags (imagine a clown car, thats what we looked like) and showed us where to park and then carried our very heavy luggage up the hill to the hotel. I had previously read on Trip Advisor how Andronis tries to switch you into their Boutique hotel upon arrival and they come up with an excuse and sure enough they did the same to us, we did not argue this because we were exhausted ( we had been to other islands before arriving in Santorini and had a long day of travel) and the hotel looked just as beautiful! They told us their reservation system had messed up and the person that occupied the room had one more night and they would put us in their Boutique hotel for the night and would upgrade our room in the Suites for the rest of our stay for free. I kept trying to figure out what type of "scam" this would be or why they do this so often and I couldn't figure it out because the Boutique is beautiful and almost just as nice or better then the Suites. Maybe they just have a really bad booking system? Still not sure about this...

Anyways, we had a very nice stay at the Boutique (had lunch at the restaurant and it was delicious) and then switched over to the Suites and our room was perfect, the view was amazing, the staff was very helpful and the breakfast was so delicious! The hotel was VERY clean as everything is in Santorini, and the property seemed very well kept and minimalist (which I like). My only "problem" I had with the property was the pool area was very small (as it is with most hotels in Santorini) and you can literally hear every conversation, but the pool is a beautiful infinity edge and the view is breathtaking. We loved Andronis and would/will come back as soon as possible :)

Also, don't miss shopping at Andronis shops, they have all Greek designers and they give hotel patrons 15% off your shopping!

Room Tip: Stay in Odysseas (or Room 22) it is perfect!
2  Thank shannon h
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is like nothing I've experienced before. First, if you cannot walk steps and I mean a lot of steep steps down the side of the mountain, rule out this hotel. Our room was on the same level as the street. The rooms and bathrooms are fashioned after a cave. All rooms look like they are built into the mountain side. There aprox. 23 rooms. We had a luxury suite with an outdoor hot tub on the balcony that overlooked the volcano. At first I was disappointed by the decor which is plain and the bathroom was dark but this hotel is all about the view. When you open your door to the balcony the view of the Aegean Sea with the volcano in the middle of the caldera was breathtaking. The service was excellent. The staff was extremely accommodating. The breakfast, included in the room was outstanding. However, you must walk down many, many steps to breakfast, pool and bar. One day we just packed our bag, walked down the steps and did return to our room until it was time for dinner. You can order breakfast in your room if you wish. This hotel is very different, but you must be in good physical condition for the steps.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the Aegean Sea and the volcano. If you like hot tubs then request the Lux...
2  Thank susan f

Dear Susan F,

I am glad to read how much you enjoyed your time in Andronis Luxury Suites and how highly you appreciated the volcano views over the Aegean Sea as well as the hotel services. It is true that the hotel has a very unique minimalist cave design coming from local traditions and architecture that we so successfully portray on our website. Unfortunately it is diffcult to create such a unique product in the Caldera and avoid the steps and I am glad to see they did not discourage you from choosing Santorini and Andronis for your vacation.

I hope to welcome you back personally as soon as possible in Santorini.

George

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#14 of 56 in Oia
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Atrina Canava 1894
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Kirini Suites & Spa
Kirini Suites & Spa
#11 of 56 in Oia

Been to Andronis Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!