“Perfect Luxury”

Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Oia
VA
“Perfect Luxury”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Our stay at the Adronis was absolutely perfect. We were made to feel welcome from our first moment in Santorini until our last and got to know many people at the Andronis by name.

We opted for the private transfer which my wife and I thought was very nice. There is a little bit of a walk (2 minutes tops) from where the car ends up to the Andronis hotel but the Andronis had a staff member there to meet us and carry our bags. We were greeted with champagne at check in. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so we asked for a lunch recommendation and went to Skala which was really nice and close to the hotel.

Eventually we made it back to the hotel to find our room ready and our bags delivered to our room. Elsa walked us down to our room and talked with me about things we had emailed about over the previous months. I was really impressed that she either remembered or took the time to review what we had discussed when we arrived.

We stayed in the Hera suite, just to the left of the pool. I think we were the only, or maybe one of the only porches with a hammock. Our balcony was completely private with 2 lounge chairs and a small table for breakfast. Just perfect. I highly recommend that room.

The cleaning service was twice a day and they always did a really nice job. Each day you fill out or call in what you want for breakfast the next day and when you want it delivered. Breakfast on your porch is amazing. All of the food was just wonderful each day.

We did the wine tasting and dinner at the restaurant the first night we were there. I think this is a must. Pierre Luigi the Sommelier did such a great job taking care of us and he is a great photographer who took a ton of pictures for us. I don't know if there is a more beautiful setting in the world for dinner so it's a once in a lifetime type of thing. The food at dinner was perfect as expected.

One note about the wine tasting - it consists of 5 full bottles. If you do dinner afterwards you'll be able to continue using the wine from the tasting for your dinner. Whatever you don't drink is labeled and stored and will be brought to you at any time during the rest of your stay. We took full advantage of that and thought it was a really nice feature.

The rest of our stay could not have been better. After meeting Oliver the first night he was always saying hi and trying to help us any way he could. Elsa and John were very accommodating and Eve provided us with great pool side service.

I can't say enough good things about the Andronis. We stayed 3 nights and did not want to leave.

3 Thank tripramsay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My husband and I started our honeymoon on Santorini at the Andronis. Not only is the hotel breathtaking by day and even more so by night, but the service and the people are what make this place the best I have ever experienced. Ovidieo in the morning, Eve by the pool during the day, Pierre Luigi, Oliver and Helga in the evening at their 5 star restaurent....everyone truly became our friends. Our hotel room was spacious, the bathroom gigantic, the gorgeous patio with private jacuzzi and lounge area, the wine tasting, dinner and breakfast served in the room was ALL simply splendid. There is not one single complaint that we have. I will say it is very pricey but well worth it.

2 Thank BostonElizabeth
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 20, 2011

The location of the hotel is perftect with a great seaview... But the best thing of all was the service which was very professional!

2 Thank panagiotis k
New York
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We spent 5 nights at the Andronis Suites and had a lovely vacation. My main complaint is the value of the hotel. Perhaps I have been spoiled by travel in Asia, but this is a VERY expensive hotel, with only average rooms. Upon arrival, we were told that we had been upgraded to a room that cost something like 900 Euro. We were suprised, then, to discover that from inside the room, there was no view. The room never got cool enough and the decor is sparse and furniture not particularly comfortable (think concrete bench with cushions for a sofa). The room was quite large, but given the price, it should have had nicer amenities, e.g: the bed was not particularly comfortable, the furniture was not comfortable and the room was not well lit and decor was marginal at best. The pool, though lovely, is also quite small. Also, PLEASE NOTE: the hotel restaurant is ABSURDLY expensive. I had a margarita at the pool that cost $15. The food is quite good, but the menu is limited and, frankly, I do not think an asparagus salad should ever cost 22 Euro (approx 30 USD). When paying a lot of money for a room, I expect not to be suckered on every additional item at the hotel. Fortunately, there are other delicious, relatively reasonable restaurants in the area. Beware the steps--all of the reviews that note that the steps are an issue are not exaggerating. I am in very good shape and still huffed and puffed going up and down--this is not a place where you'll want to run back to your room unless you're at the pool (close to rooms). There were other little touches that were just missing: there werent enough towels at the pool for everyone to have 2 and the towels available were threadbare. If it had been crowded, there would likely have been a fight for pool chairs, etc.
Again, my complaint is about the price--if this had been a reasonably priced hotel, I would not complain, as there were many great things about the hotel: the breakfast was delicious and was delivered to us promptly every morning. The views at the pool and at the hotel restaurant are breathtaking. The service was quite good--we were happy with every recommendation (restaurants, activities) and service that we used (assistance with car rental). The staff were all very nice and helpful--I have only good things to say about everyone we encountered. I just felt like I should have received all this and more for the amount of money we spent.

7 Thank rachiefish
Franschhoek, South Africa
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I recently spent 4 nights in the Eros suite and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The spacious room with an outside jacuzzi with gorgeous views of the caldera is simply superb. The service leves in all respects were excellent. Breakfasts served on the patio each morning were delectable and fit for a king! The two lunches and dinner that we had at Andronis were delicious, and a special mention goes to Oliver! Wine lovers have to sign up for Pier-Luigi's ( aka GG) wine tasting which is held on the edge of the " cliff" with unsurpassed views. GG's knowledge of wine is formidable and he also deserves a special mention. My wife had her necklace entangled and one of the cleaning staff kindly volunteered to disentangle it, which is a sign of Andronis' customer service. Full marks also go to John, who as General Manager, was always on hand to ensure our needs were catered for.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Travelnut064
Jericho, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My husband and I just spent 5 glorious nights here. The setting is magnificent and the hotel is first rate. We had the Apollo suite which was spacious and comfortable. It was immaculate and I am a clean fanatic at hotels. The pool is fabulous and you feel like you are in paradise. The staff is charming, polite, intelligient and interesting. They are proactive with the guests as opposed to being reactive. Those that stood out were Oliver, GG, Helga and Eve and the entire front desk staff. However, all were terrific. Mr. John, hotel GM was around and making sure that everything runs perfectly.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

pool
Staff
Reaturant
Oliver helping with bookings
The best hotel ive ever been to

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank snnop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Katikies Hotel
Katikies Hotel
#14 of 56 in Oia
Art Maisons Luxury Santorini Hotels Aspaki & Oia Castle
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Atrina Canava 1894
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Kirini Suites & Spa
Kirini Suites & Spa
#10 of 56 in Oia

Been to Andronis Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!