“First Class Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 55 Hotels in Oia
Austin, Texas
“First Class Hotel”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We absolutely loved our stay at this beautiful hotel. Everything is top-notch, the breakfast, accommodations, spa, pool area - could not have asked for a better place to stay in beautiful Oia. The staff is courteous and friendly. This is a special place in Santorini. It exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Aphrodite suite was beautiful
Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank michellem07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I know its been said time and again about Andronis but I am not sure there is a better way to describe the place. Right from the start the service was amazing and the views breathtaking. The staff offered us champagne to start our stay off right and it only got better from there.

My wife and I went there for our first anniversary and I wanted to do something special by renewing our vows. I contacted the hotel and was introduced to the sweetest girl, Elsa. She took care of all the arrangements and helped make the surprise perfect for my wife. There are no words for me to express how wonderful she was and how grateful my wife and I are for her attentiveness and professionalism. She is definitely the main reason we will come back time and again.

Besides Elsa (not that you need any other reason to come to Andronis), there was Oliver who was in charge of their food and beverage area. He definitely knows his food and wine and took great care of us during our wine tasting which I highly recommend.

What else can I say...the views are inspiring and the property is beautiful. We were upgraded to a room with a private pool and a lovely terrace and the location of the property is ideal. Oia is definitely the place to be on the island and there is by far, no better spot than Andronis. Spend the extra money and make your next trip to Santorini the one you will never forget!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Akamdar
Haneffe
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We only spent 2 days there, but it was wonderful. Oliver, the F&B manager was very helpful and pro ! The view, as in most places, is wonderful. attention to overselling !

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jean-Paul F
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I can honestly say that this is the most opulent, luxurious hotel I've ever stayed in.

We stayed in one of the deluxe suites and could not have asked for more. Upon a arrival we were greeted by an extremely friendly member of staff and a ice-cold glass of champagne - exactly what was needed after the afternoon heat of Oia !

We were shown to our suite and it surpassed our expectations. A beautfiul private terrace, large open plan living and bedroom, amazing black granite bathroon, but best of all a large private jacuzzi which must have been at least 15 X 8 ft !

Andronis Suites are carved into the cliff face of Oia, with spectacular views over the Caldera. The infinity pool over looks this and it is the perfect place to relax through the scorching hot afternoon. Staff round the pool are attentive, but not overbearing and cannot do enough to ensure your comfort.

The food in the hotel was excellent, as were the cocktails we enjoyed too. We ate on our terrace rather than in the restaurant and service was still spot-on.

If your looking to spend a little more for something exceptional you really should consider Andronis Suites. On top of all this Santorini is the most beautifil Greek island I've ever been to.

Cannot recommend highly enough.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yorkshire_Travels
Traralgon
Reviewed January 23, 2011

WOW! Where do i start from the champange on arrival to the amazing service throughout the complex this place is almost perfect. We ate in every night because the food was so good, they even moved the table into our room one night because of the wind. Excellent massage and the addidtional rrom that was made available on check out topped of a fantastic stay. Wehad the room with its own pool which was nice and private. We've stayed at some of the worlds best and this is right up there. Treat yourself.

7 Thank Johnno1967
Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 16, 2011

It was really a hard job to find a title that will make it for all the greatness my beloved wife and I found in this magical,

peaceful, charming place...

After a long careful search for the best features of a hotel in Santorini, I settled my mind to Andronis, I wanted a place to

surpise my wife in our honeymoon, and it is going to be the first place we are going to so it has to be perfect. Communication

with the hotel was initiated to book an exceptional suite. The patience and responsiveness I found by the hotel management to

all my special requests was really amazing; they don't know the word "not possible"...

We got to Santorini after 3 flights, around dawn time of October the 19th, sturggled to get a taxi as the transportation

arranged by the hotel had some problem and got delayed, but they called while we were on the way to Oia coming from the airport

which is at Monolithos and they apologized and promised to be there at the main road to help us with the luggage. Driving at

around 40 km/hr through the narrow roads of the island passing by Fira, Firostefani and Imerovigli before we get to our most

beautiful village, Oia.

The taxi dropped us very close to the hotel and we found one of the staff members there waiting for us, he pays 25 euro to the

taxi driver and takes care of our luggage with his mate and they walk in front of us showing us the way to our gem! In 200 m of

walking, our heavenly experience will begin!

As we walked the path from the main road to its end, we were suddenly blown away by the sudden appearance of the hotel's gate

AND the endless blue of the sea and the magical white village of Oia that we see for the first time in reality, my wife could

not help but leaving us and walking few steps to the left to look at the unbelievable view and take few photos (bring a good

camera; it is a must)... what I really appreciate is how politely the staff member asked me to take our time and that he will

lead us to our room when we are done watching...

Suite: it really deserves to be called "Exceptional" just as the hotel has named it, on top of rest of the suites, with a

private terrace, a spacious living room, an in-door chromatographic pool/jaccuzi with controllable steam system and hi-tech gym

equipment... The bed was round and comfy and the pillow cases just as I ordered them; with our names and wedding date on them...

red roses on bed shaping our Greek initial letters -as I have requesed as well- and a bathroom that you wouldn't want to leave,

the unbelievable view you see while taking shower alone is enough to make you travel to Santorini!

Staff: extremely professional, extremely polite, extremely helpful, extremely responsive.

Location: you will know when you are there. Just walk around the village and go back to Andronis and you will realize that you

are in the best spot of town or maybe the entire island.

Business Facilities: phone worked fine, fax was available but we didn't use it, a small laptop was available too with free

wireless internet that we connected our laptops to, internet was so fast, and the only thing we couldn't use was the printer as

it had a password but the device was not responding to it and we didn't insist because it wasn't so important!

Breakfast: Just Perfect (Well before we get there, I had requested to include Tiropetes -Greek cheese pies- in the breakfast and

they did so everyday without having to remind them even once)! and having it on your terrace looking at the fantastic view is

not something to miss.

Dinner: we tried it once at our private terrace and it was so luxurious and so delicous and had wide variety of options (try the

mix of Greek cheeses).

Interior Design: simpler than what I thought, and we fell in love with it, and I really loved the floor which was the same in

the room and bathroom and jaccuzi.

Laundry Service: This was one of the very few things we did not find convenient as there was supposed to be a basket to drop

laundry in but our room didn't have one until we asked for it, and it took 2 days to deliver the laundry back which was a bit

too long.

Housekeeping: Perfect and availabe any time, and they won't disturb (like most other hotels do) to find out when the room is

going to be free for cleaning.

All in all, the hotel was in harmony with its simple surroundings, but in the same time very elegant, very peaceful, very

charming and very pleasant. And the most important thing is: it helped me make the most wonderful surprising honeymoon for my

wife by responding to all my special wishes (one rose every morning at the door's handle, welcoming strawberries with liquid

chocolate, the writing on the pillow cases, the welcome roses shaping our Greek initial letters, and serving my wife's favorite

Greek pastery -Tiropeta- with every breakfast). And we are definetly willing to go back.

Andronis, thank you for everything.

1 Thank Katsoherakis
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 9, 2010

We went to this hotel for our honeymoon in October. We stayed for a week and could not ask for better service or a more peaceful romantic stay. The views from the rooms are out of this world, the service is perfect and the food was the best on the island. Oliver is one of the hotels biggest assets, the trip would not have been the same without his five star service. We will be back!

4 Thank wnctravel