“Greek hospitality at its best!”
Review of Ecoxenia

Ecoxenia
Ranked #34 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Durham, North Carolina
“Greek hospitality at its best!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place was fabulous! The host took the time to come and pick me up from where I landed. Then when we arrived, offered me a drink and sat down with me to review a map of the area, and show me where to go and what to do! The room was fabulous and the grounds had plenty of personal spaces to relax in a hammock and read or just watch the world go by! I would definitely stay here again if ever on Santorini!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ncsctraveler79

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. Christopher was very helpful. He made it easy for us to understand the island and had a lot of answers to all our questions! We thought for the price it was a terrific find.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ck8480
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My favorite times in Santorini were the ones away from the crowd, taking in the gorgeous natural surroundings. Ecoxenia was perfect for my friend and I, who were treated exceptionally well. The room was gorgeous, overlooking the sea. The grounds were lovingly cared for, with a jacuzzi, hammocks, and gardens. But it was our host, Christopher, who treated us more as old friends than travelers, and because of that, we had a trip we'll never forget. Our dinner at the vineyard was the highlight of my entire vacation, and one of the best meals of my life (because of the great company and fresh, local food and wine).

Ecoxenia has more character and beauty than a boring resort and provides a way more authentic experience in Santorini. We were expecting to feel like tourists, but Christopher made us feel like guests.

Thank you so much, I'm recommending you to everyone I know!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lauren R
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I took my first trip to Greece in July 2013, and it was a great experience. Our room was very comfortable and homey. There is a grocery store close by to get things for breakfast and snacks. We got to enjoy the view from our own balcony. Christopher was a great host. He is very friendly and helpful. He took great care helping us plan tours, rent a car, and getting my lost luggage (Thira airport doesn't have customs, so be sure to pick up your luggage and recheck it if you fly through Athens!) We had nothing planned and he helped us figure it all out. I would definitely recommend Ecoxenia and Christopher!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank c r
Old Aberdeen, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel exceeded expectations. It came recommended from a friend, and we couldn't have been happier. It is a little out of the hustle and bustle of oia town, but the walk up to the village immerses you in the real community of the island, and is a pleasant 25 minute stroll. The view from the balcony was enough to keep us there to watch the sun go down on both of our nights stay, and we found the facilities more than sufficient to cook up a couple of tasty meals from local produce. Christopher was a wonderful host, providing us with an invaluable insight into the best that the island had to offer, from food to activities, and helping to organize them all. Can't recommend highly enough!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, and the view was incredible. The ground floor had direct access to the l...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew E
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Christopher is a great host and sits down to explain everything about the island before your exploring begins! He also organised quads for us and did our laundry but turned everything pink. The hotel is pretty far away from any action such as the pubs and restaurants of fira and the beautiful beaches of Kamari and Perissa! It is located about 20 minutes from Oia where there are some nice restaurants. The worst part of the stay was the bed in our room. It was like a bunk bed with a ladder up to it, was not romantic at all trying to climb into bed and crawl out to get down!

• Stayed June 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our stay at Ecoxenia was perfect. The apartment style room had a kitchenette, two beds, breakfast nook, patio - with bistro set and lounge chairs. Everything was very clean and readily available. Christopher was the most gracious host. He showed us all the points of interest on a map and wrote down everything we would need to know for us. He helped with every request we had! The grounds are very well maintained and they soon will have an outdoor bar on-site to go along with the outdoor seating/lounging areas and hot tub. I would recommend Exocenia to anyone wanting to stay in Oia, Santorini. I couldn't have enjoyed my time there more!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top two floors have the best views.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple