We stayed at Mystique in July 2014 for three nights. I am an SPG Platinum member and can honestly say I was very concerned about the high nightly point requirement to stay at this property - one night here was the equivalent of a week's stay elsewhere. We debated back and forth and decided to go for it - and we were not disappointed. The view is truly SPECTACULAR - all the rooms are beautifully appointed, the service was superb and the restaurant food is gourmet. We were upgraded to a wonderful room and one employee at the hotel, Kostas, really went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay. He took us on a hotel tour, upgraded our room, and even surprised us on our last night with a giant cake to celebrate our new engagement. Also, the hotel is located in the town of Oia which is the place to stay - best sunsets and a multitude of restaurants and shops. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Oia's city center.
I only have two points of potential improvement for the hotel:
1. Mystique needs to communicate on their website or with booking agents that the stairs are very intense and labor intensive. We are 27 and 29 years old and dreaded the stairs daily - we felt exhausted afterwards and we consider ourselves to be in decent shape. The stairs are narrow and steep and are required for all rooms and to get to the lobby, pool and restaurants. My concern is that this information was not advertised. I can 100% say if my parents had arrived not knowing this they would not have been able to stay there. This needs to be made aware early on to guests to ensure they can physically stay at the property.
2. The pool by the restaurant has small rocks or pebbles under the white paint and it is very painful to walk into the pool or to sit on the pool edge. They need to sand the pebbles down and repaint. I spoke about this with several guests while there who also agreed.
All in all - this is a fantastic, unique property with wonderful service. If you go to Santorini you must stay 1. on the caldera and 2. in Oia - and with that combination Mystique is the obvious answer! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystique is a stylish property consisting of 39 suites and villas built exactly on Oia's most famous cliffs with dazzling views of clear blue crystalline waters towards the Volcano and the Aegean Caldera. 18 Km from Santorini Airport and 20 km from Athinios Port.All accommodations are a wondrous exploration of driftwood, a free spirited, untamed material that harness the elegance of simplicity. Enticing patterns carved into the walls. All suites open onto sea-facing terraces with relaxing daybeds. Cobblestone pathways lead to the plunge pool surrounded by sun beds for the utmost relaxation.Guests may experience an outdoor infinity-edge pool, the "Aura" Bar, the "Charisma" Gourmet Restaurant, "ASEA" the new artisan Japanese restaurant and the "Secret" Wine Cave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mystique Hotel Oia
- Mystique Oia
- Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel Santorini/Oia, Greece