“Mystic stay”

Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I felt the greek hospitality in this hotel. When we arrived at the airport there was a car waiting for us (and it is complimentary). If you do not like something in this hotel it will change in hours because the staff, the view, the breakfast and everything will make you feel the most important person ever. They booked the best restaurants in town and the best tables. They gave the best tips. The blond short hair in the reception (I do not remember her name) was one of the best concierge of all the hotels I ever been. The hotel is in Oia and we had the view of the Aegean Sea and the vulcan. If you go to Santorini you definitely have to stay in Oia and in Mystique because the name of the hotel is what you really get, a mystique stay. Our room was in a typical greek cave and had this beautiful view with private terrace with a Jacuzzi. We arrived at 7 am and had to wait until 2 pm to get the room but they made everything to help us. The breakfast was perfect with a big variety of eggs, breads and etc. Also for 10 euros more you could have the breakfast in your terrace. If you have more than 1,80 meters I would tell you to get the rooms that are not in the cave because the bathrooms in the cave rooms are not to tall. But don't worry, it does not matter the room you get, the view will be perfect!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Mystique and we both agree that this was probably our favourite holiday in the past 4-5 years (and we have travelled a lot in the past few years). Obviously there are a lot of different things that help make a holiday special (it was our first time in Santorini and we loved it. Oia is just stunning) but the hotel was pretty near perfect!

The staff, without exception, were all incredibly friendly and helpful. Our Villa was lovely and had amazing views of the caldera. Food on the whole was really good - with the exception of a pasta dish we had in the main restaurant one evening. It was always fresh and of very high quality. We typically ordered coffee in our room early in the morning and each day they got quicker and quicker at bringing it - so much so on the last day I think they took about 1 minute to deliver it! Small point, yes, but i get frustrated in hotels where they take ages to deliver a simple order to your room.

The hotel is down a lot of steps and it's a great workout going up them in the sunshine (and I am pretty fit!). How the guys manage to get guests luggage up (and down) those steps in the heat I will never know!

Our villa had a great gym room - small yes but had what we wanted (treadmill and bike). I was glad that the treadmill was a decent one too.

We know what we will return to Santorini again soon and without doubt we will return to Mystique.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I can't say enough about the Mystique Hotel, the views are absolutely beautiful. Be ready for a workout because there are plenty of stairs. The staff is what makes this Hotel. When we arrived on Tuesday they informed us the whole island was out of power, and we didn't get full power back until Saturday, but I believe it made this hotel even stronger. My vacation could have turned into a disaster but instead it was probably one of my best vacations ever! I definitely want to return next summer. The room we stayed in was a little smaller then I thought it would be, but all in all it didn't seem to matter. The pool area is stunning and the service in the bar and restaurant was perfect....
There was the main lobby and a smaller lobby closer to our room, everyone was helpful in giving us advice as to what to do in Santorini.... Thanks to Georgia, George, Thanos,Dora and the whole staff of Mystique Hotel, you all made our stay awesome!!!!!

Room Tip: A room closer to pool, we stayed in room 45, it's a hike up there but the view is stunning!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nancy s
MystiqueOia, Διευθυντής at Mystique Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear Nancys,

I am overwhelmed with your comments. When reading such reviews my team’s and mine efforts are starting to pay off and we genially thank you for your kind support. There is very little to add, only that we are now even more dedicated and compelled to deliver impeccable service. I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back to our Hotel.
With best regards,
Georgia Kafantaraki
HOTEL OPERATIONS MANAGER

MYSTIQUE A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL
STARWOOD HOTELS & RESORTS

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Loved my stay at the Mystique....the hotel and restaurant staff was awesome. Our room could of been alittle larger and organized for are belongings. But the beauty when you opened your door from the room made it.... the beautiful sea. Thank you Georgia for everything and everyone else.....Also Freddy for handling are luggage......

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank elizamombo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited Santorini for the first time this summer and spent 3 nights at the lovely Mystique. The hotel is located in Oia, which is by far the most beautiful part of the island. The view from almost every part of the hotel is breathtaking and unlike anything we've ever seen before.

We didn't like the first room we were given as it was too small, and on the second day the hotel staff were kind enough to change it for us. This definitely made our stay much more satisfying. The staff in general is very helpful and very positive. The only negative experience we had was with the restaurant recommendation they gave us that was very disappointing.

The room we finally settled in with was very romantic and located perfectly in the Hotel, just between the reception and the pool area. The view from the room's terrace was fantastic. The only part of the room we didn't like was the bathroom as it was not comfortable to use. It was very crowded and humid as it came with the inside jacuzzi.

There are a lot of steps in this hotel and it is really exhausting going up and down. This is the one thing that was not very much to our liking as after all we were on holidays. But I guess that this is the price one must pay to witness such beauty as there is in Santorini.

The receptionist recommended us the boat trip and we did it with the Angelica, which is a private boat. It was much fun and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting the island.

We didn't eat much but what we did eat in the hotel was very good. Spa treatments were great. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and all in all we really had a great and memorable stay.

Oh and there is the luggage guy...

Room Tip: Room 16 and all the other rooms on that side of the hotel are recommended.
1  Thank Guy3103
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I can't say enough about this Hotel, the views are absolutely beautiful. Be ready for a workout because there are plenty of stairs. The staff is what makes this hotel. When we arrived they informed us the whole island was out of power, but I believe it made this hotel even stronger. My vacation could have turned into a disaster but instead it was probably one of my best vacations ever! I definitely want to return next summer. The room we stayed in was a little smaller then I thought it would be, but all in all it didn't seem to matter. The pool area is stunning and the service in the bar and restaurant was perfect.....There was the main lobby and a smaller lobby closer to our room, everyone was very helpful in giving us advice as to what to do in Santorini....Thanks to all the staff at the Mysique Hotel, you made our stay awesome!!!!!

Room Tip: We were in number 45.....it's the very top room so you have a lot of stairs to climb, but the vi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nancy s
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The Mystique was truly beautiful and unique. Literally sleeping in a cave! It was immaculate. The staff, especially Georgia were most helpful and friendly, working around the clock to make sure every part of your experience is wonderful. A definite recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple