We spent 4 days in Oia, at Zoe Aegeas houses. Myself, husband and 3 children in a 2 bedroom cave house with an incredible view from a large terrace and my in-laws in the top studio. I have just left but miss that glorious view from our terrace. I feel the sunset is a little overrated, so I aM glad we picked a volcano view over it. our view of the caldera was indescribable, you can use every superlative and still cannot adequately describe it.
The accommodations Were more than adequate- in the 2br we had a kitchen with electirc stove/burner, all utensils, cutlery, plates, a bathroom with decent shower, flat screen tv with DVD player and some dvd's, and enough room for 5. The studio really had no kitchen facilities, but for a honeymooning couple I am sure that wouldn't be an issue. And the decor was so charming, very thoughtful touches all around.
Location could not be beat-5 minutes from the famous sunset, all around are shops and restaurants, bus stop 10 min walk, 5 if you rush, but why rush while in Santorini?, and of course the great view from your own terrace, both apartments had excellent views, our 2br with a view of the caldera without being able to see the houses on the side, but my in laws room had the classic views of the houses with a view of the caldera as well. And not very many steps to get from the main street to the rooms, maybe 20 steps, just very steep.
The following is a list of what I have considered extras, because for the price these are almost bonuses-
1. Zak the host was readily available and acted as concierge and checked in on us 1-2 times per day, although we did not use him as much as other people I have read here on tripadvisor, as I made my own arrangements for tours and most activities.
2. another plus is the nice breakfast provided:yogurt, fruit, juice, honey, jams, and fresh baked bread, enough to get you started for your day.
3. Daily housekeeping by Acia(sp?) who was also so friendly
4. another bonus is free wi fi, which wherever you are in Oia , is available outside,not in your cave room- so you if u HAVE to use the internet, then just use it while on your terrace
Oh, and for accurate photos, check out the other popular websites for making reservations, they are very accurate.
And remember u are in a cave so there is some humidity,and I am pretty sure there was a dehumidifier in the room, but we did not need it. There were fans that cooled us enough.
Otherwise no cons that I can mention
All in all it was worth every euro, in Oia you can spend a fortune if you want to, but if you want value for your money, stay at Zoe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are few places in the world that can compete with Ia on the ancient island of Santorini, where a unique natural landscape combines with the uncluttered grace of Cycladic architecture to intoxicate the senses against the backdrop of the most beautiful sunset in the eternal Aegean. In the renovated, century-old traditional houses ZOE-AEGEAS, you can enjoy the sun-kissed, tranquil Mediterranean in the style of a bygone era, with all the facilities of the modern age.Built into the natural rock of Santorini and overlooking a breathtaking volcanic crater flooded by the sea,the houses -all with their own bathroom and kitchen facilities- are located in the center of the town, close to all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Zoe-Aegeas Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoe-Aegeas Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia, Greece