We would go back in a heartbeat.
The facility was well maintained and the staff cared deeply about the guests and their experience. Even after departure, I left an item and they contacted me immediately offering to send my items.
This was a trip my mother and I took. We both believe that this hotel made our experience in Oia. While there are more comprehensive/fancier places around, Nostos held its own against other (more expensive!) options.
A few highlights, though I think I could go on for a long time...
- Stunning views
- Small, but great pool
- Small facility
- Breakfast - comprehensive, filling, fresh. The staff was great. They bring in yoghurt from a different island just to get the good stuff. Fresh juice and coffee. stunning view.
- Very clean
- High-end Greek brand products in bath.
- Full kitchen
- Simple, but comfortable furnishings, linens, bed, etc.
- Air conditioning worked well
- Easy and quick communications. The hotel helped arrange our travel to/from airport ahead of time. Taxi was great and fair price. The staff was ready to help us down the stairs.
- Gave advise on bus schedule, grocery shopping, possible sightseeing tours. We took advise on a number of items and felt we had a great experience each time.
Not so great:
- Down a lot of stairs. This didn't affect us much and considered it a good caloric burn. Good views too. However, worth noting, it is at the bottom of some stairs.
- Smaller facility. I liked this. But, no bar.
- Our room was right next to the breakfast area so sometimes there was a little less privacy. We didn't mind and this provided the opportunity for more coffee. However, if you are concerned, perhaps ask for a different apartment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small settlement located in OIA on the Santorini Island,consist of 8 units for 2 till 5 persons, reception, bar and pool facilities. Settlement is situated on the edge of the Volcano crater, overlooking the see and islets around. Each unit is fully equipped and can work as an independent bungalow (fully equipped kitchen, terrace etc.) Cave-like looking apartments, just 3-5 minutes walking distance from the center of the village and shopping center, but on the really calm area... relaxing and romantic atmosphere ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nostos Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nostos Apartments Oia
- Nostos Apartments Hotel Oia
- Nostos Apartments Santorini/Oia, Greece