All reviews the cliff cave room the check in process sea view sunset point living room amazing views the main street walk up visiting santorini private jacuzzi restaurants and shops few steps luggage porter balcony caldera
Reviewed December 23, 2008

I travel for a living and spend a lot of time in hotels. I booked a week-long stay at Residence suites through their website. They arranged pickup at the chaotic Santorini airport and welcomed us earlier than normal checkin time. The hotel is supremely clean, the rooms very very comfortable, and the location is perfect!! But what really stands out is the staff.People at the front desk- Such a helpful staff. From retrieving documents we printed from the printer, offering scissors and tape to help package some items, carrying our luggage out to the taxi, the staff was always willing to help us, and more importantly, with a smile.First the location. Pretty much anything you would want to do is within a few blocks of the hotel. Local designers, amazing restaurants, a couple of jazz/latin bars are less than five minutes away. No matter where we went in santorini, we always wanted to come back to "our neighborhood" to relax. Getting around oia from the hotel is simple. It's a perfect center location. When you're there, make sure to eat at Lotza, two blocks away.Now to the property itself. It's small so it's always quiet and without the fuss of a major hotel. The jacuzzi area and patio are quiet and almost zen-like. Anytime of day there's someone sitting outside reading, relaxing on the couch, or enjoying an ice tea .The landscaping (caldera amazing views ) outside was beautiful and the room was really nice. We actually really liked the fact that all the main patio/jacuzzi area lights were set on a timer. The hotel truly seems eco-conscious.The hotel serves a buffet style breakfast, with various choices of breads, cereals, fruits, egg ,yogurt etc . It's a nice breakfast to start the day.All in all, I mean this when I say I was sad to leave. The hotel has the feeling of home. Warm, comfortable, and perfectly located. We honestly felt like each time we returned, we were returning to our apartment.I hope to return to santorini in the not too distant future, and will definitely pick the Residence suites again

Date of stay: September 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed here at the end of November for our honeymoon and it was the most wonderful place. We had very personal service from Laura, who greeted us when we arrived as well as made us a delicious breakfast every morning. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which had a comfortable king size bed, a nice kitchenette, and a spacious bathroom even with a shower curtain (which is hard to find these days traveling around Europe!). The most wonderul part of our room was our stunning view of the ocean. It was a dream come true to go to bed there every night and wake up to the sun beaming in the french doors and windows. If our path brings us back to Santorini, I can assure you will be staying at the Residence Suites.

Date of stay: November 2008
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Oai is our favorite place to vacation. Our regular hotel was not available so we were booked into Residence Suites. This will be our new hotel. This was a family trip with my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter (who is 9). Upon arrival, we went into the lobby where we were warmly greeted by Sophia. She even took the time to shake hands and introduce herself to my granddaughter which really impressed us. We loved our rooms and the view was amazing! Each room had a kitchen that was well furnished--even had a wine opener! Everything was very clean. Breakfast was good. We sat outside and just marveled at the view. The staff is amazing. Both Sophia and Louisa went out of their way to accommodate the guests every need. They were very friendly and helpful. They interacted with the guests which you rarely find at hotels. We found all of the staff to be amazing. We loved sitting in the jacuzzi at night and looking at the stars. I know other people have complained about the stairs, but that's what you find in Oia! Without asking, arrangements were made for help with our luggage upon check in and departure. We tipped the "bellman" one euro per bag--it was well worth it! Internet was available at the Best Western just up the street as was a large pool. We wish we could have stayed longer.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Residence Suites for a week and we were superbly looked after. A few words of caution - There are lots of steps down to the hotel - but that's Oia for you; and some of the rooms are dug out of the hillside and can be very humid. Anyone suffering from lung conditions - beware.
We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful to the point of phoning around restaurants to book us good tables and even organised the use of a pool at one of the other hotels as the pool here is no more than a plunge pool. I've read elsewhere about the cleanliness of the hot-tub. There were a few occassions where it needed a clean out; this was due to all the residue of people going in without showering off the sunscreen first. But, it was cleaned pretty regularly. We spent a few nights sipping fizz and laying out in the hotub way past midnight, looking up at the stars - fantastic. And the view is just amazing. We could here the music gentley floating down from the cool bar up above as the sun went down.
I was bouncing out every morning for a walk around before the tourists got up - then back for breakfast. Not a feast, but a good enough start to the day.
As for it's proximity to the town of Oia itself. We couldn't fault it. Just far enough out of the way to be relaxing. A short walk (up) to the shops and restaurants. I even followed the path down past the front of the hotel and although a little precarious in places, I found a beautifully secluded area where I could swim totally undisturbed.
On the whole - if you want five star luxury or a 'standard' hotel like you know and love - this ain't it. If you want something different where you can relax and do your own thing - this will do the job nicely.

Date of stay: May 2008
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a short 9 day/8 nights stay in Oia where we stayed at the Residence suites. It was a wonderful experience. The entire stay was calm and serene. Our check-in was smooth and everyone we came into contact with was extremely pleasant and helpful. Booked a Junior suite and I got a wonderful a very comfortable suite with a wonderful view of the cliff.. The Size of the room was perfect as well the details ... Housekeeping was great I never saw a piece of paper on the floor and there was always someone cleaning something somewhere. We also found the front desk to be most helpful in recommending and booking restaurants and excursions.The staff exceeded our every expectation. The Breakfast Service at the Reception area was excellent also. A simple omelete takes on a new meaning when it is executed to perfection from Sofia. And you have the benefit of outdoor seating near the jacuzzi. : When I made my reservation , I requested a late check out due to a 19:00 flight. They couldn't accommodate my request at that time and suggested that I reserve an extra night. I declined the option. I asked again on the day I was due to check out and they had already noted my prior request and accommodated me with an 17:00 check out. Good example of doing everything you can think of to please a guest. I highly recommend this hotel.Bottom line, you will not be disappointed with this property!

Date of stay: August 2008