“Delfini Villas”

Ranked #7 of 74 Specialty Lodging in Oia
USA
“Delfini Villas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed at Delfini Villas in Sept. 2011. It was a most wonderful and memorable experience! We had booked a junior suite in complex A (I think), which is just a few steps down from the Oia’s main Caldera walk in a central location. Rena, the wonderful lady who runs the place, upgraded us to the Luxury Suite right next to it. The suite was new and very tastefully decorated with state-of-the-art facilities (better than a 5 star hotel). The bathroom and the balcony had an outdoor Jacuzzi with a fantastic view of the Caldara. The best part of staying at Delfini Villas was Rena’s hospitality. She took such good care of us that when we left, we felt that we were leaving home and decided that we will surely have to come back again. All through our stay she gave us guidance about restaurants, catamaran trips and special places to go for amazing Caldera views (all wonderful suggestions). She arranged cabs for us and even took our luggage up to the cab on the main road (truly an extraordinary lady!). We could not have asked for more or have selected a better place in Santorini. I strongly recommend staying at Delfini for a memorable vacation of a lifetime.

Room Tip: Junior or Luxury Suite
4 Thank Rashmishashi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I trawled through trip advisor when I was booking our holiday...we knew we wanted to stay in Oia but aside from that, had no idea what to expect and there are sooooo many options! Delfini seemed perfect for what we were looking for - central, not too expensive (I can't believe how pricey some of the places in Oia are!), nice room and of course the view.

We arrived a little after midnight as we caught the last flight from Athens to Santorini - Siwa met us when we arrived by taxi after midnight and let us in (thanks Siwa - so sorry it was late!). We weren't really sure what to expect, whether the view would be as it was advertised and when we arrived it was pitch black outside and we couldn't see a thing.

I woke up at the crack of dawn the following day and as I stepped out onto the balcony I was not disappointed - 180 degrees of amazing caldera. The room was beautiful. Fresh flowers, a welcome bottle of wine and the rooms are beautifully decorated.

And Rena. So, so lovely! Delfini is a fantastic place to stay, but this is enhanced 10 fold by Rena. She is friendly, relaxed, approachable and will ensure that your holiday is everything you want it to be!

Delfini is well located - it is close to everything. There is a bakery across the road, no shortage of restaurants within walking distance (we were there for a week and there were enough restaurants that we ate somewhere different for lunch and dinner everyday). Fira is a short 15 minute trip by ATV or scooter away and it would take about 40 minutes to get to the other end of the island to check it out.

If you need to relax and forget the day to day stresses of your life (like I did), then Oia is guaranteed to please. I would go back tomorrow - and I would stay at Delfini.

Room Tip: We stayed in Complex A - fantastic view!
1 Thank DivingCrystal
Jervis Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Despite arriving in the evening when no buses were running to Oia from the port both Rena and Sima greeted us at the courtyard as we alighted from the taxi. They were so welcoming and friendly we immediately felt at home. We had booked the Studio in Complex C but had rung a few days earlier to extend our stay and were upgraded to a cave house maybe because we were early in the season in June.

Rena and Sima worked tirelessly everyday to cater to our every need. Everything was spotlessly clean, we were greeted with lit candles every night in our cave house, fresh flowers, clean towels and a wonderful little fairy cleaned our breakfast dishes (!!!). Everything was provided in the room including a hairdryer, iron, ironing board, gown, toothbrush holders, lovely toiletries, beach towels, maps, instructions and brochures. The huge bathroom was just lovely. The pool area and balconies were cleaned everyday.

We were in complex C double cave house and were close to the pool which was gorgeous with a breath taking view over the caldera. Our cave house had its own paved balcony which was close to the pool but absolutely private from all the neighbours and also had stunning views of the caldera. There weren’t many steps down from the main esplanade which extends the length of the main town and means you can spend the entire time in Oia without encountering a car. Defini Villas are at the end of the esplanade and not overlooked by tourist. There is a little bakery and a couple of supermarkets very close by.

We had an absolutely fantastic time in Oia and enjoyed the pool, our patio, the view and eating at a wide selection of great restaurants. We went through Fira and were pleased we had chosen the less frenetic Oia. Rena and Sima were friendly, kind, calm, attentive but not obsequious or ever present. I can’t speak highly enough of their wonderful attention to detail. Free wifi worked very well from our cave house.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aussieastrogirl
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

the hospitality was fantastic, we were picked up at the ferry port (for 25 euros a couple) and shuttled to the top of the hotel were we were met by rema and simi. they gave us a lay of the land, market, tours, room...etc. not sure why but we got upgraded to complex C. I still don't know where A or B is but C has a true unobstructed view of the entire caldera. just like the pics show. the cave house is a steep walk down, 1 bedroom/ba w/living rm, nicely decorated, kitchenette, fridge with water, and of course a small balcony with an amazing view. all the food choices, tourist shops are on the main pedestrian walkway above (your on one end). the famous sunset is down the walkway on the opposite end. your also located at the bus stop but be warned, when it's busy, the main bus terminal is down the road towards the tourist police station where tons of tourist are waiting in line. we got passed by 3 full buses then I figured it out. I would have given this place 5 stars except the internet only works on the balcony, otherwise this place was fantastic!

Louth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We stayed at Delfini (in complex A) for 10 nights on our honeymoon and I cannot say enough good things about this place - the rooms, the view and the excellent service.

The rooms in complex A have just been refurbished and the quality is amazing. The decor is lovely and finished to a high quality. The room was really spacious with a large living area in addition to the sleeping area. The balcony had the most amazing view and whilst you could see the hotels below, our balcony was not overlooked and felt really private which is hard to find in Oia. The outdoor hot tub was the icing on the cake!

Rena was the most amazing hostess and is such a fabulous person. She did everything we asked of her with such pleasure that it really made the difference on our trip. We actually spent the last four nights at another hotel in Imeroviglia and the average service at that hotel just highlighted how accomodating Rena was. When we needed some laundry doing she did not bat an eyelid - just bundled it away and brought it back later that day all clean and folded with no charge. She also waved the charge on the mini bar when we left as a gift from her. She was always on standby in the reception close by to offer any assistance needed and organised our car rental for us. She really is amazing - we'll miss her!

The breakfast was also really good quality, gorgeous yoghurt with honey and fruit, fresh bread, cake/croissant, meat, cheese, juice, coffee and the ultimate santorini tomatoes every morning. If you want any extras all you have to do is ask.

Some reviews have moaned about the pool being a short walk from complex A - it takes all of 5 minutes and is a beautiful stroll along the lovely street of Oia looking at the fabulous view - what's to moan about? Alright it might be easier if it was closer but to me it was not an issue. I cannot comment on the rooms in the other complexes but I can be sure that they would have been cleaned immaculately every day as ours was.

Finally the price was the cheapest we managed to find in Oia for accomodation with an outdoor hot tub, it really was fantastic value for money.

I would highly recommend this accomodation and cannot praise the staff enough.
Thank you Rena.

2 Thank Sophie B
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I spent 8 days at hotel Delfini in Oia and it exceeded every expectation I had. Do to the Hurricane in NY I left early for my vacation and was lucky enought to have a few extra days in Santorini. Rema and Simi as well as everyone that works at Delfini were incredibly welcoming. Thay were able to accomadate me last minute for my extra days there.

Delfini is absolutely beautiful. They have recently renovated several of the rooms and it was such a pleasant surprise. I was traveling alone and had the Exclusive Room there. It was perfect. There was an incredibly large private balcony with a private hot tub over looking the caldera. The bathroom was large and clean with a great Italian rain shower. Plenty of closet space, excellent AC and a stocked mini fridge with very reasonable prices for the sodas, beers and such. I picked Delfini because I was traveling alone for the first time and having been to Santorini and Oia on several occasions before I knew that I wanted to stay on the caldera but since I was not splitting my hotel costs with anyone I was conscious of my budget. I am quite cetain I got one of the best deals on the Caldera in Oia. I paid 110 euros a night during high season.

The pool is about a 3 minute walk away however, the private hot tub is such an indulgent luxury that I rarely made the walk over to the pool and definitely didn't miss having it right there. Basically a cold beer or a glass of wine in the hot tub after a wonderful day, dazing off to the amazing view was more then enough!

Everyone at Delfini was incredibly gratious and helpful, offering suggestions on where to go or things to do. Over all I really can't say anything at all negative about my experience. It was so wonderful that I will be heading back next August and will be staying in the same room there. NOw I just need to survive the NY winter!

Room Tip: The Exclusive Room might be the best kept secret and bargain around!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank cdriscoll25
Sudbury, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The staff, the rooms, the location all were consistent with the magic of Santorini. The rooms are only a few steps below street level, which was nice. The staff went out of their way to help us in every way.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family