“private balcony with pefect sunset view”

Golden Sunset Villas
Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Ningbo, China
“private balcony with pefect sunset view”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good location,big roon & balcony,you can see the perfect sunset view in your private balcony.Parking lot is near the villa.
Some of the facilities is old,and the wash room is small,the bath towel is too old and coarse.The WIFI is very very weak ,you can't use it in the room.

Room Tip: room 1 has a big balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
buffalo
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have stayed at Golden Sunset in mid August. It was our first time in Greece and when we saw the view from our patio, we knew we made the right choice. The owners were very nice, helpful and fun to talk to. They made our stay pleasant and gave us recommendations for our next stop in Naxos. Our room was comfortable, it was a two bedroom and a living room set-up. The only downside was the bathroom was very small with a mini stand-in shower. The weather was hot so AC unit was a life saver. Mini refrigerator was great to store our drinks and fruits.It was next to a pool bar, if we had time we would have enjoyed that as well.We never go to the same place again, but if we end up in Santorini definitely we'll stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santorini, Greece
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I can find no fault with this beautiful spot. We were a party of 7 so we had 3 villas in a group and we had a ball. Our own viewing platform away from the thousands of people who come to Oia every night to view the sunset.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and fit. They have to drag your bags over difficult areas to get to the rooms.
Breakfast was a good mixture, and the croissants and home made jam was a match made in Oia.
The town of Oia is really nice but make sure you have good walking shoes. The cobble stone streets are no good for dress shoes. Flats only.
Swimming at Ammoudi was the highlight of our stay. Just amazingly clear ,beautiful water,the like of which I have never seen before. Getting there was a challenge and you need the special shoes to wear in water that divers sometimes use. The rocks are killers on our soft soles.
Also careful if you hire quad bikes because there are loads of petrol thieves around so all our 4 vehicles were completely drained after we had filled them for return. It was the only bad thing at this extraordinary place.
Also did a fantastic sunset cruise on an awesome red catarmaran. Great value with free wine and ouzo and a very nice BBQ. Cheap beer and free soft drinks. Lucky enough to see a pod of dolphins which was the perfect end to a beautiful afternoon. Don't swim in the hot springs with anything other than older black swimsuits. It's brown and a bit yucky.
Food was spectacular. Cheap or reasonably priced, it was all terrific. It lived up to all my dreams.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms but if you hire the windmill No alcohol because the stairs are killers.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carolyn l
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We just spent 7 nights at Golden Sunset Villas and loved it. The location was great: right on the top of the hill for fantastic sunset views. Certainly one of the best locations for sunset viewing on the island. Also, it is right next to Lioyerma pool bar so easy to cool down on hot days. The staff were very friendly and helpful with information. Breakfast on the terrace was wonderful. We were in a two room apartment and it was spacious and clean. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scappoose, Oregon
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What a dream come true!!! I waited my entire life to come to Santorini and wanted to stay somewhere totally special and also practical to explore everything easily. This was the perfect place. I was lucky enough to stay in the end cave house with views out the front and side. I was very comfortable and could have moved in and stayed six months, simple, so I felt like my ancestors still living, but had everything I needed- great breakfast and coffee. Their young man met me at the drop-off spot and carried my luggage a short way to my front porch that was so cute I was floating on air!!!! AND THE VIEW!!!! A breathtaking sunset each night while I sat and drank wine from my chair, plenty of privacy while away from the other viewers! The morning sun lighting everything up so magically....I plan to go back and stay at the same place:)

Room Tip: the caves were the best....good hotel because it is at the top, private, and easy to walk everywhere...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

This place is well worth the money! The staff was friendly and helpful and even served us breakfast on our terrace. We felt very lucky to be able to stretch out on our terrace with a bottle of wine to watch the famous Oia sunset while so many others had to huddle in public areas to try and steal a view. The interior was adorable - felt like we'd stepped back in time. Highly recommended for anyone who wants the best view in Santorini!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KEC529
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I actually just left Santorini and am in Mykonos right now so I am giving you a very fresh review .

Paid: 608 euros which was around $780 dollars for 4 nights.
1. Included breakfast which consisted of: cereal, greek yogurt, fruit, croissant, marble cake, rolls, ham, cheese, juice (average breakfast but similiar to other European breakfasts). They will also make any type of coffee which was actually a plus. Greek coffee is not my favorite :)

2. We had a bedroom that was connected to a small living area which had a tv, small kitchenette with a fridge, couch, dining table and some chairs.

3. We also had a balcony with three chairs, a table and umbrella.

4. Would I stay there again, yes, butI have only been to Santorini once so I can't compare this to another stay.

5. Parking was free and pretty close. Definitely rent-a-car while you are there.

Pros
1. By far, the best view ever...hands down. Worth every penny we paid. People who say the sunset is over-rated is very wrong. It is magnificient. I could see the caldera as well but I think the sunset rocks and it was fun waiting for it and feeling pretty lucky that we had chairs and other people were crowded together trying to grab a glimpse. Since there was a kitchen, I made some cofee while my husband drank a Mythos. Absolutely wonderful.

2. Great staff, George and Hodgey (I know I am not spelling this incorrectly. Gave us great recommendations and brought our breakfast to us.

3. It is on the very edge of Oia, so it was very quiet and only a couple of minutes to the touristy area.

4. Gave us free bottles of water during breakfast.

5. I liked how it had a separate living area.

Needs Improvement
1. As mentioned in other reviews, the towels should be replaced.

2. The bed is hard.

3. The inside furnishings are dated.

4. Internet was free but a little tricky. Could never get my laptop to connect but ipad and iphone worked ok (intermittently) as long as I was outside or by the breakfast.

5. The room has a damp smell but I think that would be the same in any type of cave house, so it really is not a needs improvement but something I wanted to share.

Room Tip: The windmill room would be great for 3 or more people. Almost like having your own house and outside...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple