So its hard to be dissapointed in Santorini as the island is just magical but unfortunatly we were. Well start with the good
1. The view over the caldera is spectacular, but you can get this in most of the accomodation in Oia
2. Its very sheltered so you can lie in the sun all day without being blown away which can be a problem elsewhere
1. The stench from the bathrooms was horrendous, they have some serious sanitation issues!
2. The steps...honestly we're young and not terribly unfit but this was ridiculous, we planned our day so we didnt have to climb or descend the steps. One good thing was it was a good workout as you tend to really enjoy the food on the island:-)
3. So unfortunately our room was right below the breakfast area so from early in the morning we were woken by chair scraping and people walking on our heads, not pleasant
4. The rooms are built as lofts which while being charming are a pain as you have to climb and descend a vertical ladder which can be a bit tricky especially in the middle of the night when you need to go to the loo
5. The most dissapointing had to be the shower which was basically a shower for your feet, if you wanted to clean your upper body then you had to switch to the hand held which was awful
For 160 euros a night it was pretty much highway robbery and you ended up payingh for the view!
We really felt that you can do so much better on this magnificent island
The one great thing is the tourist office that you utilise for check in and out, they were fantastic and to the bellboys who carried our luggage up and down the stairs, you definately dont get paid enough and deserve medals for carrying everyones load:-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the centre of Oia, Caldera Villas overlook the volcano and feature a swimming pool and accommodation with Cycladic decor. Room balconies offer caldera and Aegean Sea views. Rooms, studios and suites combine local architectural style with modern comforts, such as free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. Some room types provide well-equipped kitchenettes and seating area. Some units include a hot tub. Caldera Villas features a sun terrace and a swimming pool. Guests can enjoy a buffet continental breakfast daily. Staff can arrange bicycle and car rental and offer traveling advice. Armeni beach is a 10-minute walk from Caldera Villas. The bus station, bank, restaurants and shops are a 2-minute walk. Free public parking is possible at a location nearby Villas Caldera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caldera Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caldera Villas Hotel Oia
- Caldera Villas Santorini/Oia, Greece