I have meant to provide a review of this property for some time now...my husband and I visited this hotel back in 2013 and loved it! It was extremely clean, service was nice, food was amazing (especially the dips/ bread) and you couldn't ask for a more stunning view of the sunset, the pool was a little on the small side but still great. You can easily walk into town to explore all that it has to offer (Ambrosia is not to be missed!) which is plenty! The shops, caffes, restaurants, and views are amazing.
Take a stroll down (skip the donkeys) to Amoudi Bay and have fresh seafood right on the water.
I would say the room was a the only minor thing and would advise visitors is to stay away from the loft style bedroom rooms...it started to make both my husband and I feel a little claustrophobic and perhaps way too cave-like.
This was a wonderful hotel...I totally recommend checking it out...you won't be disappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia, Greece