Incredible views of the sunset over the caldera, the harbor below and just a stunning panorama from each of the unique and traditional rooms, more truly suites as they are 2-3 rooms with a small kitchenette, which look just like the brochure. If you can imagine a high-end, well appointed cave that is bright and airy you've got the picture. You won't want to miss sunset every night, with a bottle of Santorini white wine, from your porch. Only caveat is that, just like Santorini, the ability to climb steep stairs without fear or physical challenge is an imperative, even within the hotel, as it is built on the side of the cliff. Take advantage of the luggage assistance; this is no do-it-yourself place.
Yvonne and the rest of the staff were supremely friendly and helpful, always welcoming, and ready to suggest or answer questions. The food is traditional, home cooked, fresh and delicious, particularly for lunch and snacks. I would love to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia, Greece