My husband and I just spent four fabulous nights at Esperas. From booking to check out, it was a marvelous experience. The reservations and front desk staff were incredibly helpful, particularly Hassna, who provided excellent information about the property as well as the island prior to and during our arrival. We enjoyed our studio room, 120 which is one of the furthest down the hill/ away from the reception area and pool at this cliffside property. We chose it purposely for privacy as there are fewer guests walking by the terrace. So long as you're in good physical health, the stairs up to the pool and front desk are completely manageable. The straight walk from room 120 to exit the Esperas property and into Oia might make you stop to catch your breath for a second, especially if it's during the heat of the day, so if you don't get a lot of exercise, you might want to book a room further up.
This property was magical. There are breathtaking views everywhere! We loved the huge window over our bed that opened up with a straight on view of the Aegean. Despite visiting many places in the mediterranean and many lush jungle properties in Latin America, we felt the view from our room was the most beautiful we have ever seen!
Esperas is an excellent value for your dollar. The grounds are well kept, pool is lovely and our studio room was charming and very clean. The bathroom was simple, but clean. Oia was a picturesque town and a wonderful place to stay with many restaurants to explore. While on the island, our favorite activities were renting a car and exploring the Red and Black sand beaches on the south shore; going on the wine tour with Vaios; and a private afternoon tour on capt. Lampros traditional boat, which was so much fun and a lot less expensive than other speedboat options. It was a nice treat to be out with just our captain, jumping off the boat at various spots in the sea such as the hot springs. Esperas helped coordinate all of these activities. We are grateful to have stayed there and hope to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Esperas is a unique full service hotel that offers you the opportunity to experience the traditional cave houses of Santorini coupled with one of the most breathtaking views on the planet. A five minute walk from the center of the picturesque village of Oia, the complex is exclusively situated on the edge of a hanging cliff side (the Caldera), overlooking the breathtaking sunset and the volcanic rocks. An ambiance of comfort and relaxation is present throughout the 20 houses, complemented by traditional furniture and antique pieces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Esperas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperas Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Esperas Traditional Hotel
- Hotel Esperas Traditional
- Esperas Santorini/Oia, Greece