“Absolute Perfection”
Review of Pezoules

Pezoules
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Great location, excellent customer service, clean and comfortable room, luxurious bath products, delicious food and drinks, ultimate privacy. Pezoules exceeded my expectations. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I got back from 5 wonderful nights at Pezoules a couple of days ago, and I really can't say enough good things about this wonderful hotel. Having found it after researching on Tripadvisor (you can't book it on any online booking tools or other websites other than the hotel's own), I knew what to expect in terms of incredible view, beautiful rooms, personal service... and yet I was surprised day after day by how the hotel and its wonderful staff exceeded my every expectation.

Being located in Oia, Santorini, of course you expect the hotel to be beautiful and have stunning views - but this really was on another level. The rooms, the view and the location are exactly as depicted in the professional photos on the website, no fancy angles or camera work, it really is that beautiful. I could never get sick of the view, it was truly breathtaking. Busloads of tourists would come through Oia every day, crowding around spots in the town or on steps down the cliff to get that picture perfect shot, and we were spoiled to have that view any time we wanted. (We were staying in the Valeriana house, and I even found a couple of random tourists taking pictures on our veranda and posing for pictures outside the house next door to ours - who could blame them).

This hotel could probably get by pretty well on its amazing location and stunning design (all the rooms looked beautiful), but to add to all this is the wonderful staff:
Starting with Dimitri - he was so helpful and friendly throughout our trip. He is an absolute pro, giving us countless recommendations for things to do and ways to pass the time, checking in with us the night before about our transfers back when we were leaving the hotel, his passion is infectious and he is an impeccable host.
Valentino, who met us at the car and carried our case and 2 bags (in one go) from the car park up the steps, down the pedestrian walkways and down the steps of the cliffside to the hotel (with my boyfriend and I struggling to keep up with him!) seemingly with ease, and did the same when we were leaving. He also brought our breakfast to our terrace every day as well as any food or drinks we ordered. Needless to say I'm a bag fan of Valentino and think he's a huge credit to the hotel.
Another mention goes to Ioli, whom we bothered every day looking for her opinion on restaurants or places we were planning on visiting. She made great recommendations and any time she called ahead (whether it was by 5 minutes or 5 hours), we got a great seat at whatever restaurant it was. She's extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and between herself and Dimitri, they helped us with every little thing (boat ride bookings, transfers, restaurants) and helped to make our trip so great.
Finally the cleaner (whose name escapes me), was always smiling every time we saw her (which was at least twice a day) and was so hard working, we would always see her going between the seven rooms cleaning and turning down. In fact, in our 6 days there we saw all these guys every day - dedicated, hard workers.

A quick word on the other aspects of the hotel ... I never met the chef, but her food was delicious. On our first day we had lunch at the hotel, the food was so good and everything made from scratch. I loved waking up to the delicious breakfast every day, and I'm certainly missing it now! Our room (house) was stunning, cave style bathroom as you can see in the pictures, bright and airy, and huge. Also free wifi which is always important to me. The terrace was amazing, your own sun loungers to lay out on, your own incredible view, and your own little table / chairs to enjoy delicious food on. Finally, the pool - just look at any of the pictures and you can see how beautiful it is. With 7 rooms, we had at least a couple of hours every day of the pool to ourselves (could have had longer if we'd wanted to) but equally we had fun meeting other guests at the pool too.

If you can afford to stay here, it's 110% worth it. Probably the best experience I've ever had with a hotel and I can't thank Pezoules enough.

2  Thank RanjiJ
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel catered to your every need. It's small in number (6 rooms) built into the side of the volcano and they look like caves. But very pretty caves. Our room was large with a king bed, then a separate sitting area, wet bar, closet and safe as well as bathroom and shower. Breakfast was included and it was delicious - whether it was the healthy menu or the Greek menu. The fresh fruit, pastry stuffed with cheese and fresh breads were amazing. We ate sitting on our porch overlooking the Caldera. The views were breath taking, the service impeccable - thanks to Valentino. Lunch was also delicious created by Mrs. Pezoules. There is an infinity pool with a pool bar nearby. Wonderful time and great memories were created. Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: It seemed like you couldn't pick a bad location as every room had a wonderful view.
1  Thank Shari C
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently spent 5 nights at this beautiful boutique hotel. A very small establishment with traditional "cave house" rooms we couldn't have been happier with our choice. The owner Dimitri is an excellent host and his perfect English made booking boat hire, dinner reservations, transfers etc a breeze. Rooms were large and airy and the views were spectacular! Breakfast served on our terrace each morning was delicious. The hotel has a small staff but they are all committed to making the Pezoules experience unforgettable. We are already planning our next trip back!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Graham E
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I travel a lot and this was one of our favorite places to stay in the world. The hospitality was flawless. Ioli was so friendly, so helpful, spoke great English and is an artist (we bought one of her etchings). She and her family are all fantastic and contributed greatly to our stay. The best part was the view (we stayed in the Levanta). The breakfast was also fantastic and the pool was to die for. Reservations made by them get your front seats.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank livitrivi6
Reviewed July 9, 2014

At the risk of repeating all that has been lovingly written before our review, we'd love to personally thank Mirella for her wonderful contributions to our daily experience at Pezoules. We're food people, so her hand made breakfasts and lunches powered us through our exploration of Oia and Santorini. Slow food, local ingredients where possible and a passion for what she does, shone through with every meal (masterfully presented each day by Valentino - thank you). Mirella left me a note with my Kanelas (for our very early flight off the island) which I carry with me to this day. It smells of her beautiful biscuits. That's the sort of treasure along with Dimitri, Ioli, George, Valentino and Blanca, that makes staying at Pezoules worth every dollar. Much love and respect.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank AsilDan
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

If you want to feel like royalty, this is the place to stay! We stayed here for 1 week during our honeymoon.. And EVERYTHING was absolutely perfect. The family is so nice... And they never stop working. Dimitri suggests the best restaurants and makes the reservations for you, so you have the best tables to watch the sunset. His wife does all of the cooking at Pezoules, breakfast, lunch and dinner... Which we can argue is some of the most delicious food in Oia. Valentino picked up our bags upon arrival and carried them to our room, and did the same while we were leaving.. Even up all of those stairs, freeing us of the trouble... Incredible service! All meals are delivered right to your terrace.. And let's not forget the wonderful drinks made by Nick. This was in the most convenient location for shopping, views and restaurants around Oia. We could not have dreamed of anything more romantic. We will definitely be back!! 6 out of 5 stars!
Anthony and Laura

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank LauraPoliti
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 51 in Imerovigli
Alta Mare by Andronis
0 mi away
Andronis Boutique Hotel
Atrina Canava 1894
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Artemis Villas
Artemis Villas
#6 of 51 in Imerovigli

Been to Pezoules? Share your experiences!