“One of my most memorable dining experiences” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dimitris Ammoudi Restaurant

Dimitris Ammoudi Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 90 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: phone 22860-71606
Sioux City, Iowa
“One of my most memorable dining experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We started our day by renting a 4-wheeler (quad) in Fira and driving to Amoudi Bay. In order to get to the bay to swim, you walk by several quaint restaurants right next to the water. The owner of Dimitri's let us leave our helmets on a bench in the back while we went swimming, so we fortunately ended up eating here! The restaurant is exactly how I'd expect a Greek restaurant by the sea to look: quaint, eclectic tables, bright, solid colors, and an outside grill/oven. We ordered grilled octopus (very good), mussels (excellent), and then chose our fish, red snapper, from a display case in the kitchen. The service was excellent as well. I loved the bathroom which looked like a little cave and posted a picture of this as well. I'll never forget this nearly perfect day in Santorini, topped off by a delicious meal.

• Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

We ate there as per a greek friend's recommendation.
We were not disappointed! Since i'm vegan, i can't tell you much about the sea food but the vegetarian options were very good. The atmosphere of Ammoudi is magical, albeit a bit touristic (like the rest of Santorini). It is a unique setting. The service was nice, fast and the food good. What more to ask for?
Definitely recommend!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Caroline R
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful seafood in fantastic seaside location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I actually thought this restauraunt didn't look all that much from the outside/inside. I thught is looked at bit scruffy! But I am so glad I listened to my husband and agrred to eat here. I thought the owner was nice.

She had 1 table at the back not reserved for dinner (at mid afternoon - so do book!) and we decided it would do for us (I'd preferred to be at the sea edge but NO CHANCE without booknig earlier). In the end it was great. I could watch the sun going down (there were a couple of tables in between but not preventing me enjoying the sun setting)

But in addition to this the selection fo seafood was great. I'm a recent convert to seafood so still figuring out what I like or not, so we tried the fish sharing platter. We still got to choose what "fish" we wanted to include on this (on top of the prawns, mussels etc etc) and we chose sea bream (also swordfish, bream, and a couple of other options on offer). I'd never had it before and it was delicious. Also really liked all the other fishy items that accompanied it. I got to go into the kitchen at the back and choose my fish to include with the platter. All in all a great experience!

Do eat here - you wont regret it!

Montréal
“A table in the sea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Very good fish, very good food. But your focus is on the scenic spot. We had a table six inches from the sea. Among our most memorable moments in Greece.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Wedding Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We ate our wedding anniversary dinner here and it was so special. All of the food was delicious and the views are breathtaking. Great, friendly, efficient service (which I can't say the same for the restaurant next door which we ate at with friends a few days earlier - I forget the name of it). All in all, lovely place - definitely go!