Oia is a spectacular spot, so when we booked the Windmill at Alexander's Boutique Hotel we were expecting it to be windy - of course its a converted windmill! - and to have great views, which it did - but what was missing was the 'boutique' level of comfort. To be fair we were warned that the ensuite was 'just outside' the door, however in reality it is across a roof, immediately adjacent to the main road (the bus passengers would have been amused by my dash in the dressing gown) and down some rather steep stairs.
Inside the windmill is cramped, the bed uncomfortably hard, our request for extra pillows forgotten, the stairs frighteningly steep and without handrail. Don't attempt this unless you are agile (a requirement for Oia in any case) and don't need to get up in the night....
Fun, but didn't meet expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini, Greece