“beautiful place, awesome staff, fabulous experience!”

Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia
Ranked #35 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Denver
“beautiful place, awesome staff, fabulous experience!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Can't recommend Alexander's enough. From our first moment, when Iveta welcomed us like visiting family, to our last delicious breakfast with the view of the sapphire blue waters, this has been a stellar experience. We will miss the graciousness of Iveta and Anali, as well as the helpfulness of Alexis -- and even Mini-me! They made great recommendations of where to go, places to eat, things to see & do. As Iveta explained, this is not her job, it is what she loves to do -- and we are so grateful! The cave room is charming and roomy enough for three. The showers were hot and the AC cool -- perfect! We had a great view of the caldera right outside our room without having to suffer hundreds of stairs like the adjacent properties. Last night, we got to watch the sun set in the west and the full moon rise in the east -- all from the rooftop view point. Thank you all for making our days in Santorini so memorable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rockymtngirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was traveling with two friends for our 30th birthdays, and we were so lucky to stay at Alexanders! We had no recommendations for Oia hotels, and chose the hotel based on online reviews, and could not have been happier. We were upgraded to the Diamond Suite, which was one of the most breathtaking rooms I have ever stayed in. Plus, to make the stay even better, the staff were lovely. Anali, Alexander's daughter, was a great host - showing us the "real" Santorini. And Iveta was lovely and made sure every aspect of our stay was taken care of. I would certainly recommend Alexander's to anyone traveling to Oia, and can't wait to return myself!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jo P
aspen
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am beyond words trying to express my gratitude and enjoyment at Alexander's Boutique. Santorini in general is heavenly but our stay here made the experience much more fulfilling. The staff went above and beyond to be sure we were comfortable and satisfied. They also made great suggestions on restaurants and beaches, clearly very educated on the area. Their kindness and generosity makes the hotel welcoming and homey. An absolutely incredible breakfast is served in the morning with a priceless view of the Caldera. I felt like royalty. Alex himself is a sincere, wonderful host and I have absolutely nothing but spectacular things to say!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Napier
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were so lucky to be ungraded to a suite on our second night - the location was splendid. The reception staff as well as the cleaning staff were so friendly and helpful. We were even invited to join the owner for a glass of wine and an opportunity to get a real insiders view of the island and Greece in general 9especially regarding the financial situation.) Most enlightening. Rooms were comfortable, breakfasts great and the jacuzzi an added bonus. Can't recommend this hotel enough. Thank you all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We came back from two weeks vacation in Turkey and greece. I will says that I am very frequent world traveller and have seen many parts of world. My worst stay so far was in this hotel. First of all they charge your card if you book directly with them, not at discounted rate but regular rate. They told me that they will upgrade my room, however this was the worst room. They talk about blue marble in bathroom but is cement. Takes at least 16 hrs if you want to have enough water for Jaccuzi to work but when you start Jacczi, electrity can not hold and whole so called cave house is without elecricity. I was awake whole night looking for somebody, even though all surrounding hotels have their workers helping guests at 4 am, oweners told me they cannot afford to stay near hotel. My boat to Mykonos was changed to bigger boat by some other company but reception told me to go downtown on taxi to a private travel agency, which probably they had commision, but when I went there, they told me everything should be done at port and waste of time, money and frustation so people in Alexandera can make money .Do not stay with them. They are Liers.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotelo.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank joe9999369
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was there with my husband and daughter in early May, and I have to admit the hotel staff, the view , location, breakfast, amethyst cave villa room everything about this hotel was perfect.
And honestly I'd recommend this hotel and in general Santorini to anyone, would love to go back.

The hotel staff was very nice, especially the two guys who treated us like family, the manager also gave us a room upgrade and early check in to a villaroom upon seeing our baby sand cab trouble(read below)soooo they are very good hosts.

Breakfast was good too. the kitchen and appliances came in very handy considering I had to prepare milk bottles for my baby and baby cereal too.

Location was amazing, 15 mins of walk to the main center of Oia. Want to share my experience of taking a cab in santorini, we got there at 7 am and cab driver dropped us to main center of oia saying this hotels on the right side, and no hotel is before the center of oia, it's on the main street,so be very careful with taxi drivers there. So at 7 am me my husband and my ten month old daughter on a stroller and our 3 suitcases(baby's stuff) were being dragged on the main oia street by me and my husband. So the cab part was horrible because of the driver so pls be careful when being dropped off that you are dropped in front of the hotel ,and you won't have to walk at all with your luggage;)

Room was very clean, spacious and the view from the terrace was breathtaking.

Room Tip: If you are lucky like us you can get an upgrade:) We had booked a cost cave broom, but got the amet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Alexander's Boutique and Hotel has probably one of the best views in Oia. I have walked from Fira to Oia looking for amazing locations and this one is truly exclusive. The rooms are exceptionally unique and the staff was attentive to our needs. If you come unprepared its ok, the reception has a wide range of activities they can recommend on the island. This Hotel location is also a plus, located at the first bus stop coming into Oia it was easy to find. Walking into the center of town is also a breeze because the Hotel is is located on the main road unlike other locations which are hidden down below on the hill. I would strongly consider coming here again.

• Stayed May 2013