“A great place to enjoy one of the most beautiful places in the world”

Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia
Ranked #38 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were so lucky to be ungraded to a suite on our second night - the location was splendid. The reception staff as well as the cleaning staff were so friendly and helpful. We were even invited to join the owner for a glass of wine and an opportunity to get a real insiders view of the island and Greece in general 9especially regarding the financial situation.) Most enlightening. Rooms were comfortable, breakfasts great and the jacuzzi an added bonus. Can't recommend this hotel enough. Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We came back from two weeks vacation in Turkey and greece. I will says that I am very frequent world traveller and have seen many parts of world. My worst stay so far was in this hotel. First of all they charge your card if you book directly with them, not at discounted rate but regular rate. They told me that they will upgrade my room, however this was the worst room. They talk about blue marble in bathroom but is cement. Takes at least 16 hrs if you want to have enough water for Jaccuzi to work but when you start Jacczi, electrity can not hold and whole so called cave house is without elecricity. I was awake whole night looking for somebody, even though all surrounding hotels have their workers helping guests at 4 am, oweners told me they cannot afford to stay near hotel. My boat to Mykonos was changed to bigger boat by some other company but reception told me to go downtown on taxi to a private travel agency, which probably they had commision, but when I went there, they told me everything should be done at port and waste of time, money and frustation so people in Alexandera can make money .Do not stay with them. They are Liers.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotelo.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank joe9999369
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was there with my husband and daughter in early May, and I have to admit the hotel staff, the view , location, breakfast, amethyst cave villa room everything about this hotel was perfect.
And honestly I'd recommend this hotel and in general Santorini to anyone, would love to go back.

The hotel staff was very nice, especially the two guys who treated us like family, the manager also gave us a room upgrade and early check in to a villaroom upon seeing our baby sand cab trouble(read below)soooo they are very good hosts.

Breakfast was good too. the kitchen and appliances came in very handy considering I had to prepare milk bottles for my baby and baby cereal too.

Location was amazing, 15 mins of walk to the main center of Oia. Want to share my experience of taking a cab in santorini, we got there at 7 am and cab driver dropped us to main center of oia saying this hotels on the right side, and no hotel is before the center of oia, it's on the main street,so be very careful with taxi drivers there. So at 7 am me my husband and my ten month old daughter on a stroller and our 3 suitcases(baby's stuff) were being dragged on the main oia street by me and my husband. So the cab part was horrible because of the driver so pls be careful when being dropped off that you are dropped in front of the hotel ,and you won't have to walk at all with your luggage;)

Room was very clean, spacious and the view from the terrace was breathtaking.

Room Tip: If you are lucky like us you can get an upgrade:) We had booked a cost cave broom, but got the amet...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Alexander's Boutique and Hotel has probably one of the best views in Oia. I have walked from Fira to Oia looking for amazing locations and this one is truly exclusive. The rooms are exceptionally unique and the staff was attentive to our needs. If you come unprepared its ok, the reception has a wide range of activities they can recommend on the island. This Hotel location is also a plus, located at the first bus stop coming into Oia it was easy to find. Walking into the center of town is also a breeze because the Hotel is is located on the main road unlike other locations which are hidden down below on the hill. I would strongly consider coming here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 30, 2013

we wasnt going to stayed in oia but after we seen how amazing oia was, right away we cancled our room resevation in fira then booked alexanders boutique..so glad we did that, coz we had most enjoyable stay at there. very great location close to everywhere..also the room is mega big..free breakfast in the morning with truly beautiful seaview..what else can you ask for more??? however when we were enjoying the hot tub one night, it suddenly blacked out..bt we didnt freak out, there were many candles in the room(we then understood why they put so many candles in the room),so we lighted up the candles, turned one the music,poured some wine and danced in hot tub while waiting for the electrics to come back on..it was amazingly wonderful experience like..so romantic errrr even i was with my best friend and my cousin..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in a cave room which I thought was rather cool. It's very different from a normal hotel room. There was a double bed and single bed so my sister and I each had our own bed. The single bed was quite hard, though. There was a little kitchen in our room with plates, glasses, silverware, fridge. We found that quite helpful as it allowed us to have lunch in our room so we didn't have to eat out so much. The morning breakfast was good: toast, butter, jams, meat, cheese, coffee, tea, cream, sugar, watermelon, orange juice, boiled eggs. There was an additional mirror outside the bathroom, which is always nice for getting ready. I also appreciated the little table in the bathroom, where we could spread out our toiletries. The free parking is street parking so you have to find it yourself. We never had to walk far though. You need an international driver's license if you want to rent a moped.
The first night we got there they had to put us in a different room. They were greedy and over-booked. It's frustrating to not be able to really unpack right away because you are going to have to move rooms the next day. I didn't really care for the room we had the first night, so I'm glad we didn't have it the whole time. It wasn't as cozy, and the shower was no shower at all, just a tub with a hand held nozzle, with very poor water pressure. The shower in our main room wasn't that great either. Unless you were very careful, water would get all over the bathroom. The shower curtain was not adequate at all. These cave rooms do not have outlets in the bathrooms. There is a hair dryer, but if you want to use a flat iron or a curling iron, you have to do do it in the main room. The first night there wasn't an outlet by a mirror so I had to flat iron my hair blind. The pool was not open yet. It would have been nice if the website indicated when the pool is available. It wasn't going to be opened until about May 21. We were there May 3-May 9.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Inger N
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place is truely amazing. I wouldn't go anywhere else in Oia! The staff is so nice and helpful with everything. Alexander is very dedicated to making sure his guests know where the hotel is, even if he has to find you! Everyone here is genuine and the hotel is paradise. We stayed in the saphire room and had a great breakfast every morning. I dont have any complaints accept that I wanted to stay longer! Also, if you are worried about location, it is perfect. Its right next to the main walk way and also has places to eat and a market close by. Thanks everyone at Alexander's Boutique for making our vacation effortless! We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple