Spent 4 days here during New Years week in 2009. The island was deserted, but we didn't mind this as it actually made us feel we had the whole area to ourselves. Nothing but good reviews of this boutique hotel. Awesome views, warm service by the staff, romantic breakfasts on the terrace, the accommodations themselves are so charming and romantic. And then there's the sunset... each day topping the one before with probably among the most colorful sunsets one would see. A note, dogs roam around freely on the island :) There'd almost be a herd of them following us a couple of evenings, so if you are the type easily intimidated by animals, you'll end up staying in your patio and room more. Also, the linens and towels would smell after one use because (guess what) you're in a cave, with lots of moisture. There are dehumidifiers on all the time. But overall, everything about this boutique hotel evokes romance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury, elegance, intimacy, breathtaking views of the caldera...Alexander’s is a boutique hotel consisting of suites, cave villas and cave houses all named after precious and semi-precious stones, according to Cycladic architecture. We are a hotel with less steps. We have been recommended by the New York Times, the Independent and the Daily Telegraph. Our hotel was the main location of the film “Thira.” Special occasions are magical when held at Alexander’s. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Alexander's Boutique Hotel of Oia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexanders Boutique Hotel Oia
- Alexanders Boutique Oia
- Alexander's Boutique Hotel Of Oia Santorini, Greece