TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews yoga retreat fresh figs stayed here for a week lovely pool little piece of heaven moment you arrive wonderful hotel double bed walk up magical place small kitchen marcos island church hammocks adonis sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to Pelagos for a week of yoga and Pilates, organised by azul fit. We were greeted by Antonis and Anthony who were the most wonderful hosts. The next day we were greeted by the lovely Marcus, also a fantastic host. The atmosphere is incredibly friendly and a credit to Greek hospitality. The food was fantastic and we slept comfortably in clean, air conditioned rooms. Eating fresh figs from the surrounding trees in between dips in the pool was pretty close to heaven. To crown it all, 2 glorious massages from Marios the physiotherapist. Overall a superb week and we would love to come back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2018

This was my first trip to Santorini (even first trip to Greece!) and I find Pelagos to be a perfect start of my long-term romantic relationship with Greece. I really fell in love with this country and Greek cuisine. And I definitely plan to come back to Pelagos next year.

This hotel has a few strong advantages in comparison to other hotels that I saw during my walks in Oia and Fira and here is what I like about Pelagos:
- It is far enough from hectic touristic places, but at the same time you can easily take a taxi or walk (30 min) to Oia for some shopping, visiting bars and cafes, taking pictures of "typical" Santorini (oooh, those white and blue buildings!). By the way, if you are a bookworm like me, do not miss Atlantis book shop in Oia. After exploring Oia you can come back to peaceful and quiet Pelagos and get rest from crowds and the heat;
- In Pelagos you stay in beautiful and authentic Greek-style houses. They are simple and cosy;
- Pelagos is pretty spacious. Certain hotels in Santorini’s villages/towns were so small and located literally on top of each other that I could easily feel claustrophobic there :/
- Oia and Fira are pretty greenless and in Pelagos you are surrounded by pine trees, fig trees (you can easily pick a fresh fig and eat it :), herbs and flowers. Imagine the odour! I wanted to fill my lungs with these smells and take them all with me;
- Pelagos has a nice pool, which is bigger than pools I saw in Oia and Fira;
- Beach is within walking distance, if you want to swim in the sea. Actually, access to the sea is a rarety on this rocky and cliffy island;
- Delicious food! Chef in Pelagos is amazing;
- Great massages! Don’t miss them! Kudos to Marios;
- Nice and friendly staff – like a family :) Thanks again, Pelagos family, for making my vacation so special! ;)
- The combination of all of the above really gave me peace of mind :) Pelagos is a perfect place for yoga and pilates retreats;
- And the last but not least, after a short walk you can reach a beautiful church on a hill, which is a perfect spot for watching sunrise and sunset and practicing sun salutations.

I am sharing my impressions here to help you with your choice of a place to stay in Santorini. As a traveller and explorer, I know that search for a perfect place for a summer vacation is not easy ;) Good luck!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

I would like to thank the beautiful family of Pelagos Hotel in Oia, Santorini for their untiring care, warm hospitality and kindness. Hotel Pelagos offers a very relaxed and most comfortable and clean environment. With particular appreciation for all the delicious and beautifully prepared meals. Thank you so much!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2018

I had a wonderful time staying at the Pelagos hotel this year. The lovely staff are so happy and helpful, always ready to help and do whatever they can to make your stay a happy one. I loved the food and traditional style buidings where we stayed. As others have said, its the friendly welcome and relaxing atmosphere that made it such a wonderful place to stay.

Reviewed June 1, 2018

We didn't stay at the Hotel but we had brunch and dinner there every day. It was the most amazing food I've had in a long time. It was vegetarian (or vegan) food, freshly made and the chef surprised us every day with how many variation of salads there are.

Room tip: Really quite there in general