From the moment we met by Tony we realised that this was going to be just a bit special. Our bags were carried by a very happy and healthy donkey to 1864 The Sea Captains House, otherwise known as "paradise".
Our room was the "Venetian" suite. Simple but spotless and beautifully furnished. Our small terrace outside rewarded us with "that view"! As we sat each morning sipping champagne and eating our scrumptious breakfast, we felt like VIPs. Our maid Romi tended to our every need . She was engaging, fun and nothing was ever too much trouble. Tony the proprietor was chilled calm but always eager to make our stay memorable, he made us feel special.
A couple of things to get used to were the hoards of day-trippers from the cruise-liners who wanted the same view as us. Their heads often bobbed just below our terrace but didn't
detract from our enjoyment as we were sitting in our "first class" elevated position.
Tony pre booked us into "Ambrosia" which situated a small walk away (owned by the same people as 1864 along with another restaurant "Nectar" .This restaurant is the very best on the island and holds very fond memories for both myself and my wife. I proposed in the very same restaurant in 2009 and somehow Tony had secured the very same table we sat at on our special night lat year..... For someone so relaxed Tony doesn't miss much!
Our biggest complaint was we had to leave and go back to the real world. Thank you Tony and Romi for everything
A & N
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Top-of-the world direct views to the Santorini volcano, caldera and sea from this three suite, all with antique canopy king bed, luxury guesthouse hotel with full services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your 1864 The Sea Captain's House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1864 The Sea Captain`s House And Spa
- 1864 The Sea Captain`s House Hotel Oia
- 1864 The Sea Captains Hotel
- 1864 The Sea Captain's House Santorini/Oia, Greece