“Amazing Service and View!!”

Ikies - Traditional Houses
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I have to say I was alittle skeptical of all the 5 star reviews of Ikies before I arrived. However, after staying 3 days at the Captain's room, I now understand why Ikies justly deserves its 5 star rating. The views of Oia and from the hotel were to die for! Santorini truely is one of the most beautiful places I've been to. Aside from the jaw dropping views, what sets Ikies apart is the service. Loella and friends made our stay very comfortable, provided great restaurants recommendations, booked them for you, and made sure you got the best seat with a magical caldera view. We woke up every morning to a scrumptuous breakfast and a wonderful caldera view. The jacuzzi temperature was always right. You even get a personal laptop for use during your stay, althought connection was somewhat slow. The staff would always ask us how we enjoyed our day and what we did. They seem genuinely to care about our vacation. Only minor drawback is that Ikies is located at the beginining of Oia so it takes a good 25 min to walk to the castle for a sunset view. But then again, most of the luxury resorts are located in the start of the walk.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dandan76
There are newer reviews for Ikies - Traditional Houses

Reviewed September 21, 2010

We have been lucky enough to travel to some fantastic places this summer and have stayed in some beautiful hotels.
Our last trip was four days at Ikies on Santorini and it was our favourite.
We were torn between Perivolas and Ikies but the correspondence we had from Ikies whilst enquiring about the booking gave us a good feeling - always go with your gut! Although almost next door, Ikies appeared to be located a little higher than Perivolas which was preferable.
We booked late and so our 4 nights were spread over three rooms, which we were apprehensive about. However, the Ikies staff ensured that our moves were carried out whilst we were out and it actually ended up as a really enjoyable experience as we experienced 3 different rooms with no interuption to our stay.
We stayed in Carpenter's, then Boatman and then Winemaker.
All three rooms were very nice. However, Carpenter's was our least favourite as it was less private. Boatman was the smallest but lovely - Winemaker was grander and also a great room.
Loella looked after us the most and was incredibly helpful - every recommendation that she made was spot on - whether it was a beach, taverna, restaurant or excursion. However, all of the staff were exceptional.
We found Sanorini and Oia beautifully laid back and the people really kind and helpful without being intrusive. Every meal that we had was very good. We won't bang on about the view and the scenery as pictures that you can see on Trip Advisor or search engines speak for themselves.
Maybe we were just very lucky (we don't think so) but we could not recommend the island or Ikies enough and will definitely be back.
J&L

3  Thank Equilibre7564
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Ikies was our choice for a destination wedding and honeymoon stay in Santorini and it was perfect in every way. Their service is impeccable. Everything was delivered promptly and with a smile. And the views are absolutely breathtaking.

We stayed in the Carpenters Suite which was magnificent. The patio made entertaining our friends that attended our wedding a real delight.

Perfection is seldom achieved in life but this hotel was as close as anything I have experienced. Bravo to all at Ikies for making our 5 day stay magical.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BBPalmCoast
Reviewed September 12, 2010

The advantage of staying at a boutique hotel "house, in this case", is that the staff is able to really get a chance to know their guests in order to provide you with excellent service. They were attentive and thoughtful but without feeling meddlesome. Definite bonus with all the attention to detail.

As for the location: I'd choose Oia over Fira anytime. When I think of Santorini, I think cliffside white houses with bright blue rooftops, steep stairs (like in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants), beautiful views of the Caldera, and a quiet, relaxing atmosphere- which is Oia. A side note- Fira definitely has some great, cheap food though and a nightlife. So it depends on what you're looking for. Ikies is on the southern portion of the main part of Oia- so you do have to walk a bit more, but it's all within 15 minute walking distance.

As for Ikies itself- I booked a little late (3-4 weeks before our trip) so the only room available was the House of the Sailor- loft style floorplan. The pictures on the website shows it pretty well. It's also poolside.
-Pros: An advantage was that it was in the corner and lowest level, so our terrace felt very private- whereas some of the other rooms the terrance enters from the main walkway. Breakfast is served on your terrance!!! And this is only possible when there's open access to your terrance. A staff member just comes by, sets up your table and a little knock on the door- "breakfast". And, free wifi.
-Cons: The pool and the lounge area is small. The a/c units can be a little noisy at night. And value? Well it's tough to measure out because I have nothing to compare it to for Oia. Almost 400 euro a night when it's not even a resort and one of the smaller houses. I wonder what the cost of the neighboring properties were.

I'm still giving it 5 stars for it's service, private terrance breakfast, and location. Overall, I had such a great experience here at Ikies and in Oia.

2  Thank desertorthodontics
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The Carpenters House was a royal suite for our stay in Santorini. Spacious, immaculate,very quiet and most private was the honeymoon suite with a private entrance to the hotel. We were dropped off by a charter boat at the dock in Oia, We climbed 240 steps with loaded backpacks to find Katerina flying down to help us without being notified of our arrival. They called the captain to find us and rescue us. Loella and Katerina helped us find the best rental car after we initially requested an ATV. We realized a car was safer for the even the brief drives to the other end of the island. They arranged heavenly massages by an Ayurvedic trained massage therapist. All our restaurant reservations resulted in front row views of the sunset. Sphynix in Fira was excellent food but more importantly provided us with a fiery show of the sunset mixed among the clouds and lights of Fira and Oia. Every night our private outdoor hot tub was warmed to our exact temperature for late night wine tasting with the night lights of Oia and the stars to feast upon. The service is superb, the breakfast was a feast and sleeping was the envy of the noisy hotels down the road. Congratulations to Ikies for capturing all the elements of a five star resort! The free laptop in our suite was an unbelievable perk as we were backpacking with no computer.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2010

The positive reviews below are SO right on. Ikies has figured out what so many other hotels don't seem to be able to do: leave us alone when we want, and respond to requests when we make them. The thing is, their response was impeccable. For example, when we ordered breakfast, we had a million special, detailed requests, and they always got the requests right. Every time. The service is simply excellent here.
The rooms are also quiet. That's another thing missing from so many hotel rooms. I want to relax, not hear the people next to/above me, and Ikies seems to understand that.

They also did little things, like leaving a bottle of champagne for us, and hooking up a laptop with FREE high-speed internet access....just sitting there in the room, in case we wanted to go online. Most of the luxury 5 star hotels I stay in in other cities do not do that.

We stayed in the house of the captain and had a private hottub to ourselves. (Which was AWESOME). The photos look JUST like the website photos (rare, in my travels), and it was one of the most relaxing trips I've ever had in my life. The view is just....well, it's the reason for my title above. This place is heavenly.....I would recommend it to anyone going to Santorini and I would L-O-V-E to go back.

Thank you Ikies team!!! You made our honeymoon fantastic.

2  Thank mbanes
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I planned this trip sometime ago with the intention of proposing to my girlfriend in Santorini.. I realised from my first email to Loella (Ikies) that this would be something special, I won't go on too much - but it was an amazing experience...the location (we stayed in the Carpenters room) and the service we received was beyond my expectations.. It offers more privacy than some of the other options in Oia and the friendly and efficient staff really make it a delightful place to be....the view is the best as it is located at the beginning of Oia and looks towards the sea and Oia village....sunsets were amazing and most importantly she said YES.. Try the private boat trip with Captain George..

1  Thank Keremete