“Most incredible hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 56 Hotels in Oia
New York
“Most incredible hotel!”
Reviewed January 3, 2007

Ikies is among the most beautiful, serene places I have ever visited. The staff, Elena and the rest, are so warm and welcoming and the hotel is so quiet that we often felt like we were the only guests there. The view is unbelievable- I have never seen light like the light in Santorini. And it's a quick walk into town if you can motivate to leave the hotel. I cannot recommend this hotel more. We loved every second of our stay.

• Liked — Quiet and romantic
  • Disliked — I loved it all
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
9 Thank LF-NY

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
London, UK
Reviewed November 26, 2006

I have traveled to almost all of the continents and so many countries that I lost count.

This is the nicest, most friendly, professional, luxurious, and just all around wonderful place I have ever stayed.

I am v hard on hotels on this site as I always give a review and I think a hotels job is very simple, its not a guessing game. But Ikies outdoes all expectations and does it with a genuine smile.

It is a bit pricey, but you'll be happy you stayed there.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — having to leave it
13 Thank bronco1020
England
Reviewed November 12, 2006

We should not have waited so long to write this, I guess we are still recovering from being home after the fabulous time we had at Ikies. We had high hopes as the service received even before we arrived was amazing.
Nothing was too much trouble, it was like staying with friends.
When we arrived, the Ikies folks were there to meet us and nothing could have preapred us for the breathtaking view that awaited us on the short walk to the house. It was paradise, you could not help but relax, which is what we needed most.
This was out 1st wedding anniversary, it was romantic luxury. The breakfast is served on your own terrace at a time to suit you, scrumptious. We stayed in the House of the Cook for 4 nights and then (as we could not bare to leave) the Gardeners House.
Apart from the view, hospitality, sunsets, fabulous houses, tasty breakfast and need I go on-it's the people here that really make your stay memorable. I can honesty say that this must be the best place on earth, I would go back tomorrow if I could.
I can not thank Ikies enough for letting us share in this really magical location.
Thanks, we will be back. Tom & Julie

• Liked — View and hospitality
  • Disliked — Having to come home
12 Thank Sleighties
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed October 31, 2006

My wife and I decided to go to Greece for our honeymoon, and couldn't decide what hotel to stay at. We looked and looked and finally she came across Ikies and absoultely loved it. She was right. From the first moment that we arrived at the airport to the ride back to the airport everything was fantastic. We went in the slow season, but would definitely recommend going there then. The food service was excellent, all you had to do is make a request of time you would like your breakfast and what you wanted for breakfast and they would have it on your patio waiting for you every morning. The concierge service was excellent as well. We requested dinner reservations, flight reservations, boating excursions and even taxis the day before we wanted them and everything was taken care of. We never had to worry about that. If you don't want to take a taxi everywhere and want to drive they even have a deal with a rental car company and they will arrange for you to have a rental car. The concierge staff was friendly and informative. They would recommend things that are good and be honest on the things that are not so good. They recommended Captain Ted's adventure and it was the best time we have ever had. I will be honest with you that alot of the hotels look the same and have the same kind of feel, especially in Oia, but the friendly service and prompt response to things that you request set Ikies far above the other hotels in Oia. I would recommend going to this place anytime of year. This is a wonderful place to visit.

• Liked — My room was amazing.
  • Disliked — Alot of stairs everywhere.
  • Tips/Secrets — Definately pick Ikies
20 Thank scottraider
Reviewed October 7, 2006

I can't really say anything that hasn't been said by the review immediately preceeding mine...other than I agree entirely.

Oia is beautiful and unless you are looking to be right in the middle of a busy (read, slightly dirty and rundown), small city, I wouldn't recommend Fira. As many guide books suggest, go to Fira for some action, stay in Oia. It doesn't take long to figure out how to navigate Santorini, so exploring the entire island is possible from any of the towns you may choose to stay.

Most of the hotels in Oia have nice views, so I imagine it is service and cleanlyness that really matter when choosing one. The staff at Ikies was super friendly, accomodating and ready to help you do anything it is that you wanted to accomplish. Which is probably sit on your balcony and take in the fact that you picked the perfect spot to spend your holiday.

We stayed in the Antiquarian room. Just 2 of us in a 2 bedroom room, so for us it was quite large. As is the balcony, which while not entirely secluded, was still very private as there aren't that many guests bustling around anyway.

We, like many, moved from Santorini on to Mykonos and kept wishing we were back at Ikies for the rest of our honeymoon.

• Liked — The balcony
  • Disliked — Greek plumbing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure to visit the restaurants in Amoodi Bay
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
13 Thank tannins
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 5, 2006

We had a fantasic stay at Ikies in September, staying in the House of the Captain. Ikies was the highlight of our trip to Santorini. Our suite couldn't have been more luxurious and beautiful. As stunning as the photographs are of this place, pictures can not do it justice. Ikies is just stunning. We were pampered and spoiled the whole time, and had a very difficult time adjusting to our next hotel! We loved the wonderful breakfasts, our very private hot tub, and our balcony, which was perfectly designed to let us imagine we were the only people there. And the view!!! Sunsets over the caldera were a magical, spectacular experience. We LOVED Ikies!

• Liked — utterly gorgeous views
  • Disliked — nothing. It was perfect
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple