We spent 4 nights of our honeymoon in the Winemaker's suite at Ikies and loved every second of it. Several weeks before our trip, I received emails from the Loella and other staff members with extensive tips, ideas, and suggestions for our trip. Before we arrived, we'd emailed back and forth several times and had transfers arranged, dinner reservations made for each night, and ferry tickets taken care of - they even were kind enough to answer my questions about the rest of our honeymoon on other islands!! I knew before we ever even stepped foot on the property that the service here is really unparalleled - and that was indeed the case throughout our stay, as well. Every single member of the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and wanted. The fabulous staff really make Ikies special.
The property itself is just beautiful. The Winemaker suite is spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is huge and the air conditioning was appreciated on hot days. The real star of the suite is the outdoor terrace - wow, wow, wow. It is huge and stunning. There is a table with umbrella to enjoy your champagne breakfasts, 2 lounge chairs, a sun bed, and a hot tub that was kept cool during the day to use as a dipping pool. We loved sitting out there any time of day, taking in the amazing views.
The location was perfect for us. Being at the end of Oia allows you to really appreciate the amazing view of the entire village overlooking the caldera. We enjoyed the quick walk into the middle of town - it was just removed enough to feel private and a little quieter, but close enough to venture in and out with ease throughout the day.
We feel very lucky to have spent part of our honeymoon in this special place and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for the perfect hotel in Oia. You will not regret this choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia, Greece