We spent the first week of June in Oia, staying at ikies for all seven nights on a friend's recommendation. We could not have been in a better place. All credit to the skills of the young & enthusiastic management team, you feel as though among considerate & yet discrete friends.
The Cook's House was perfect for the three of us, spacious with two bathrooms, one upstairs & one downstairs. The photo on the website doesn't do justice to the private balcony overlooking the caldera. Eating breakfast there, or an evening meal with a glass of wine watching the stupendous Oia sunset was a daily delight. As ikies is on the edge of Oia, ( a 10-15 min pleasant walk into the centre), the sunset can be enjoyed away from the mass of tourists & because of the way ikies faces you are still enjoying the sunset when most of the central Oia hotels are plunged into darkness! There is no restaurant as such, but besides a superb breakfast, food is freshly prepared to order & served on your balcony. There is also a fully equipped kitchen area & a table inside the house if you want to make your own food or eat inside. The room service menu was restricted but appetising & freshly prepared. It certainly kept us happy for most of the nights we were there. The Cook's House didn't have its own plunge pool but is close to the main pool, which is small, but we always had it to ourselves. Following previous experience on Corfu, we had come armed with mosquito repellent but did not encounter a single mosquito, not even a wasp or a fly! Certainly ikies is kept immaculate, but maybe the height above the caldera is inimical to mosquitos? Sited on the edge of the caldera, ikies would not be suitable for small children or for guests with mobility issues as there are, of necessity, lots of steps. It would be one of the most perfect places for a honeymoon, especially one of the houses with a plunge pool!
Thank you Maria, Ines, Loella, Michael, Bekim, Stavros, Adriatic, Julie & Claudie for making us so welcome & looking after us so well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ikies Traditional Houses is a special type of hotel. Its small size, exceptional location, traditional design, range of accommodation (honeymoon, maisonettes, and studios) and professional operation result in a rare blend of intimate and personalized service offered against a setting of unique physical beauty. Located at the edge of the picturesque village of Oia in the northern part of Santorini and with commanding views over it, into the caldera and of the surrounding Cycladic Greek islands, our guests at Ikies quickly tune themselves into the complete tranquility of the romantic village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Ikies - Traditional Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Hotel Oia
- Ikies Traditional Hotel
- Ikies Traditional Oia
- Ikies - Traditional Houses Santorini/Oia, Greece